Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

View from over there....

Yes, I sat with Man City fans - with family - I''ve done it before and I''ll do it again, so no apologies.  Just came on to say our travelling fans looked and sounded excellent as they usually do, the Man City supporters I spoke to thought we had a good approach to the game and did a lot better than most teams that go there - and we had them a little worried.   I enjoyed the game and AN''s approach to it and thought we were a little unlucky in the end. Ruddy made a poor choice to come out and chase the ball and that cost us the game. I thought we worked hard, but were wasteful too often with the ball - I thought Howson was particularly guilty of this, sometimes trying to dribble round defenders and losing the ball, when a simple pass would have been better.  Corners could have been better too. Overall though a good showing, positives to take in to the next game.   "Blue moon [8] [8] " (only kidding.....)  OTBC

Interesting comments !!I remember (& enjoyed) the time when Man City went down to League 1. I guess we won''t see that for a while now though. As for Chelsea...

''I thought we worked hard, but were wasteful too often with the ball - I thought Howson was particularly guilty of this, sometimes trying to dribble round defenders and losing the ball, when a simple pass would have been better. ''

Agreed, and when he did pass it, he gave it away 9/10 times. Horrendous form.

I would have been happier with a point, but taking positives is probably the next best thing. It is frustrating how many times we gave away a result this season.

On current form, and with a full squad to choose from, Howson shouldn''t even be making it onto the bench.

Johnson would be a better asset right now - more tenacity/more versatility/more goals.......

[quote user="unique"]On current form, and with a full squad to choose from, Howson shouldn''t even be making it onto the bench.

Johnson would be a better asset right now - more tenacity/more versatility/more goals.......[/quote]First sentence you have a point. Howson could do with a rest before he becomes the new ''scapegoat in waiting''.Your second sentence is typical Pink ''Un revisionism.