Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

C'on The Toffees

but Sunderland are pounding them a bit at the moment.

Yes, I know it''s a bit early for that mini-relegation league mentality, but I can''t help it.

Sozzles!

Seriously, it would be nice to see that much expected "Big Sam Bounce" nipped in the bud early days.

Whoopee! 1-0.

I can''t bring myself to start praying for certain other teams to drop points yet! With Big Sam, despite today''s result, I would be very surprised if Sunderland are in trouble come the spring.

Any defence that allows Kong to score against it - twice - is going to be in trouble.

I hope AN has more pulling power than Fat Sam in January. Looks like they''ll be in the same market.

Two bloody Everton players in my dream team. Neither a goal, an assist or a clean sheet[:|]

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]I hope AN has more pulling power than Fat Sam in January. Looks like they''ll be in the same market.[/quote]
I am picturing a fight between Yoda and Jabba the Hutt.

Speaking of Fantasy League, I had Sterling and Kolarov yesterday.
So while I''m glad we only lost by one goal, I could have done with a Kolarov goal and a Sterling assist.  Instead I get no assist and a -2 for Kolarov missing the penalty.  I don''t even get a silver lining in my cloud FFS.

"I can''t bring myself to start praying for certain other teams to drop points yet! With Big Sam, despite today''s result, I would be very surprised if Sunderland are in trouble come the spring."

Admirable thinking CC but for me the only time my glass is half full is when it is empty, if you get my meaning.

I think that struggling for survival is our lot as things stand at the moment.

We are not the most established and we are far from being the richest so being underdogs is nothing to be in denial about. Establishment at the highest level is bound to be a slow process.

Yes, you are probably right it is premature, but as I see it IF Sunderland, Bournemouth and Villa all lose this week-end then it will have been a decent outcome for us despite the last minute disappointment of yesterday.

We came away from the game yesterday having got the hardest fixture of the season out of the way and with limited damage to our goal difference, whilst those around us will have failed to gain ground.

They (the losers down the road) say churlishly that the Premier League is boring and too predictable.

The mini-relegation league is anything but that. The ''fun'' has started already for me. Every point is a prisoner, every set-back for those around us is a bonus.

We''re not going to win the league, let''s enjoy not losing it.

Good result for us, just need Bournemouth to lose today and Villa to lose tomorrow to keep those 4 beneath us then we just need to beat Swansea to move on up a bit

"Good result for us, just need Bournemouth to lose today and Villa to lose tomorrow to keep those 4 beneath us then we just need to beat Swansea to move on up a bit."

That''s the spirit CA. Nothing wrong with being positive about our negativity.

Swansea have been good for us in most of our recent PL encounters. Let''s hope we can turn that corner with a vital three points.

[quote user="Bor"]Speaking of Fantasy League, I had Sterling and Kolarov yesterday.
So while I''m glad we only lost by one goal, I could have done with a Kolarov goal and a Sterling assist.  Instead I get no assist and a -2 for Kolarov missing the penalty.  I don''t even get a silver lining in my cloud FFS.
[/quote]

I had us to lose with 2 or more, and lost a significant sum in a betting accumulator when Kolarov missed the pen. But the goal may be crucial to us come May, so may be worth it...

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Bor"]Speaking of Fantasy League, I had Sterling and Kolarov yesterday.
[/quote]

I had us to lose with 2 or more, and lost a significant sum in a betting accumulator when Kolarov missed the pen. But the goal may be crucial to us come May, so may be worth it...[/quote]Good.I could never bet on my team to lose.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Bor"]Speaking of Fantasy League, I had Sterling and Kolarov yesterday.
[/quote]

I had us to lose with 2 or more, and lost a significant sum in a betting accumulator when Kolarov missed the pen. But the goal may be crucial to us come May, so may be worth it...[/quote]Good.I could never bet on my team to lose.[/quote]Agree with you Morty. I keep thinking I should so that if we do lose at least I''m trousering a few quid but when it comes to it I just can''t do it. That said I did have £50 on Sunderland at 6/4 in the 1985 Milk Cup Final but only because I already had a fiver on us at 33''s to win it. Would''ve covered some expenses if we''d lost.Not quite the same.