Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

C'on (?) the Saints.

I didn''t know that Bournemouth had also had Elphick and Arta out of contention this season and this emphasises their appalling bad luck for their first ever visit to the top table.

I like the Cherries (John Bond, Mel Machin, Phil Boyer, Tony Blackburn and all that) but there''s no sentiment allowed in the battle for supremacy in the mini-relegation league.

Dull game so far.

The Cherries offer little.

The most interesting thing so far is when the ref. used that shaving foam stuff for a free kick and the Bournemouth player still attacked the ball before it was kicked thus "negating the advantage" according to the co-commentator.

Perhaps it should be used instead on all the beardies there are on the pitch these days (especially Lewis Grabban.)

"Bournemouth look pretty clueless - Grabban would fit in really well."

I would swap him now (asap) for Max Gradel, despite the latter being injured and the fact that it could turn out to be a Butterfield/Vaughan situation.

P.S. Just look how Jacob has turned out.

Have to say this Bournemouth "love-in" the commentators are drooling out second half really is bloody cringeworthy. Yeah they''ve had a lot of possession but come on you''d think they were actually winning the way Quinn is going on. Yawn.

Not the massacre expected as it turned out.

OK, the Saints did relax but Eddie Howe must be some manager, love-in or not, to get that team to play so very well in the second half.

They made it a game. Well done the Cherries.

As unlucky etc as they are, my sympathy stops there.

If we scrape 17th sending Bournemouth down by one goal then i''ll take it. People will say we''ve only survived due to their misfortune etc but I simply don''t care how we do it first season back.

After a year or two, we can get all West Ham/ Real Madrid on them and demand "entertainment over results" etc. but this season is all about staying up. Would love Bournemouth to make a good fist of it over the likes of Sunderland and Villa who have outstayed their welcome at the top level but not at our expense.

Commentators (on both sides of the pond) seem to be unable to criticize or say anything negative about B''mouth. Watched about 30 mins of the game today and I didn''t hear a single thing negative about them, just how amazing Eddie howe was and how amazing all their players are. Got to admit, it gets annoying when every other commentator dooms us for relegation in every other single game.