Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Alex Neil on Canary Call

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Neil must shoulder some of the blame......Ruddy should have been dropped after the West Ham match 5 games ago....[/quote]

Exactly!

AN is proving by the week that he''s just not up to the required standard as a Premier manager.

He has to go![/quote]We narrowly lost to the best team in the league because of a stupid lapse of concentration. Not a lot Alex could do about that. He is learning with every game and had an excellent game plan yesterday.

"AN is proving by the week that he''s just not up to the required standard as a Premier manager."

Don''t blame Alex Neil he got him tactics spot on, in fact the only mistake he''s made is against Newcastle, it''s different individuals making errors and you can''t plan for that !

[quote user="norfolkngood"]we are not good enough team to carry ruddy [/quote]

Or is the more accurate picture to paint that the team are not good enough and serve to magnify ruddys (and almost certainly in time, rudds) own short comings. Ruddy makes far fewer mistakes than his outfield colleagues - who are allowed to continue playing week in week out despite more proven performers as cover.

For me there is ample evidence that, as with BJ, our defence is ok for champs football but simply deficient in quality to last 90 mins in the prem - that is detrimental to any keepers confidence.

The back 4s insecurity is also a reason why we have to repeatedly "drop" our two most creative players and two of our three best performers this season in Wes and Redmond. The other top player is also constantly moved to accommodate the self same frailties. Tettey and mulumbu behind wes, brady and redmond would be fearsome if we could trust the defence.

Rudd has become better by being absent (a common ncfc trait), and may indeed provide a short term sticking plaster; what it wont do is heal the underlying problems; we need to treat the disease, not the symptoms.

Bring in Rudd, and hope he can cover the back 4s lack of focus until Jan and hopefully the arrival of some quality.

interesting to look at the age of our keepers of years gone by when they became our no.1....

Chris Woods ...21 yrs

Bryan Gunn .... 23 yrs

Andy Marshall ....22 yrs

Robert Green .... 21 yrs

David Marshall .... 22 yrs

John Ruddy ......24 yrs

Declan Rudd ....... 24 yrs

age should certainly not be something holding Rudd back anymore?................its time to give him a go.

AN''s persistence at playing Whittaker, Martin and Ruddy whilst selling the POTS and loaning out imo, a top striker, i.e. Hooper proves he''s a bit too limited for extended life in the Premier.

[quote user="Wiz"]AN''s persistence at playing Whittaker, Martin and Ruddy whilst selling the POTS and loaning out imo, a top striker, i.e. Hooper proves he''s a bit too limited for extended life in the Premier.[/quote]
Your persistence in posting ill-formed opinions from your Lowestoft bunker proves you are a bit too limited for extended life anywhere.

[quote user="Bor"][quote user="Wiz"]AN''s persistence at playing Whittaker, Martin and Ruddy whilst selling the POTS and loaning out imo, a top striker, i.e. Hooper proves he''s a bit too limited for extended life in the Premier.[/quote]
Your persistence in posting ill-formed opinions from your Lowestoft bunker proves you are a bit too limited for extended life anywhere.
[/quote]

Hexellant!!

[quote user="Wiz"]AN''s persistence at playing Whittaker, Martin and Ruddy whilst selling the POTS and loaning out imo, a top striker, i.e. Hooper proves he''s a bit too limited for extended life in the Premier.[/quote]Hooper needs fitness.Johnson wasn''t going to get many games.And Alex obviously is loyal to the players that got him up. The players that he has been loyal to need to up their games. And as the dropping of Whitts proves his loyalty is not endless.Just for you,  [url]http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/loyal[/url]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Wiz"]AN''s persistence at playing Whittaker, Martin and Ruddy whilst selling the POTS and loaning out imo, a top striker, i.e. Hooper proves he''s a bit too limited for extended life in the Premier.[/quote]Hooper needs fitness.Johnson wasn''t going to get many games.And Alex obviously is loyal to the players that got him up. The players that he has been loyal to need to up their games. And as the dropping of Whitts proves his loyalty is not endless.Just for you,  [url]http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/loyal[/url][/quote]

Bradders most certainly helped us get up Herman and he had solid previous Premier experience with us too..........where was AN''s loyalty to him then?

He was slated non-stop last time we were in the Prem. Yes he helped us get up, that''s because he is a Champs quality player.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bor"][quote user="Wiz"]AN''s persistence at playing Whittaker, Martin and Ruddy whilst selling the POTS and loaning out imo, a top striker, i.e. Hooper proves he''s a bit too limited for extended life in the Premier.[/quote]
[/quote]

Hexellant!![/quote]
Bor''s got a point. You''re so incredibly wrong and misguided it''s painful for others to see.

I thought that BJ was sold for non-football reasons? If he was still here I''m pretty sure that AN would have tried him by now in place of Howson.

[quote user="Wiz"]AN''s persistence at playing Whittaker, Martin and Ruddy whilst selling the POTS and loaning out imo, a top striker, i.e. Hooper proves he''s a bit too limited for extended life in the Premier.[/quote]

Lol

On another thread not to long ago you were asking how on earth a tosh goalkeeper like Butland and the guy from Burnley can get in the England squad ahead of Ruddy. Come on make your mind up lol

[quote user="Mr Angry"]I thought that BJ was sold for non-football reasons? If he was still here I''m pretty sure that AN would have tried him by now in place of Howson.[/quote]There is that as well.[:D]I am sure Johnson was well down the pecking order and to get that amount of money offered,for someone that wouldn''t have got many games, was a great business deal.

[quote user="iron_stan"]ruddy hasnt been the same since dave watson leftalthough his injury might have left more of a psychological dent than people realisedim guessing hes feeling the pressure, which is more mental than anything, losing his england place, not leaving for bigger things that were supposedly available, the time out etc etc might have ruined himmaybe dean kiely isnt actually very good at his jobruddy hasnt looked "athletic" for some time either[/quote]

I''m glad you mentioned Watson, stan. I was shocked that more haven''t made the connection.

It is, in my opinion, no shock that Ruddy''s form has shot down since we lost Watson. although you make excellent points about his injury and losing his England spot, I think Watson is the key factor. A great coach can make a great goalkeeper. Is Kiely still our GK coach? I was dubious when he was appointed at the beginning of the year (not to say Ruddys form is all his fault, but at this level we need a GK coach that is a bit more prestigious than him.)

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]if a goalkeeper stands or falls by who his goalkeeping coach is, that would indicate a very frail technique in his game.......[/quote]

well there you have it, you kind of backed up the entire point, thanks!

Didn''t Watson ''jump ship'' to Southampton, to where Forster was, and immediately Ruddy was then out of the England thinking, or is that too many planets meeting at the same time, in my mind?

I have to agree.

He''s not been the same since his injury lay off. its only fair to Rudd to be given a chance when Ruddy is clearly struggling for whatever reason.

I''ve said it before, is Man City can drop Hart then we can drop Ruddy. hat came back stronger and am sure Ruddy will too.

Its a squad game and you should pick the players in form for all positions. Love Ruddy but I''m losing confidence in him game by game and am sure the defence are too.