Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Ruddy v Hart statistic

Saw a statistic the Hart is one inch taller than Ruddy.

But his weight is 12st.........ruddy is 15st....far to heavy for a top goalkeeper, no wonder he is not mobile enough.

Compare Declan''s build to Ruddy, he has got to be far more mobile.

GIVE HIM A CHANCE AN

Too big to be agile. Thats why he seems slow getting down and adjusting his feet quickly. That''s why he looks good in one on one situations because he''s so big, like his save vs coutinho this season.

As good as he''s been and as much of a bargain he has been, less than £200k sadly it''s time to make a change. And hopefully that will do him some good. Take him out the firing line for a couple of weeks.

Agreed, it''s time Big John has a break, it may well do him good.

Got to be worth giving Rudd a couple of games to see if he is up to the Prem, watching him on Tuesday, to me he looks very capable of holding his own at this level.

The competition from Rudd may well ultimately be beneficial to Ruddy but lately he has been performing well below what is required at this level.

I''ve seen Ruddy up close recently and he ain''t a bloater. I''m not saying he''s the best keeper in the country, but he certainly didn''t look heavy or unfit.

Peter Shilton - the best goalie I''ve ever seen - was 6''1" & weighed 14 stone. So a comparable build.

Ruddy''s problems aren''t physical. They''re in his head.

You''d think with such a physical presence he''d be more dominant on crosses. It looked like a regulation catch leading to the fiasco of the second goal.

I''ve just watched Toure''s penalty.

Ruddy takes up position in the centre of the goal. He ''dives'' the right way. As he picks himself off the floor, beaten YET again, there is still 25% of the goalmouth between his ''outstretched'' hand and the goalpost.

6'' 4" ? You must be joking! If so, his penalty saving technique is nothing short of woeful.

He doesn''t dive......he crumples.........

Load of expats calling Ruddy fat from Timbuktu.

Awesome.

Suppose you can tell his body language is bad from there as well?

Give Ruddy a break ffs!! I am 6ft 1 and 15stone, but you wouldnt want me in goal!!!

Give Ruddy a break ffs!! I am 6ft 1 and 15stone, but you wouldnt want me in goal!!!

* and when i say give Ruddy a break, what i really mean is stop giving him a hard time, he is an excellent keeper and people on here a giving him a good kicking as their scapegoat!!

[quote user="ron obvious"]Peter Shilton - the best goalie I''ve ever seen - was 6''1" & weighed 14 stone. So a comparable build.

Ruddy''s problems aren''t physical. They''re in his head.

[/quote]

Think his problem is further down his body

[quote user="unique"]I''ve just watched Toure''s penalty.

Ruddy takes up position in the centre of the goal. He ''dives'' the right way. As he picks himself off the floor, beaten YET again, there is still 25% of the goalmouth between his ''outstretched'' hand and the goalpost.

6'' 4" ? You must be joking! If so, his penalty saving technique is nothing short of woeful.

He doesn''t dive......he crumples.........[/quote]

I agree, I was going to make this point as it was obvious that he didnt pounce across like a goalkeeper should as he can''t get down to the ground quick enough.

He also dived with 2 arms stretched out where as if you dive with one you can stretch quite a bit further.

You guys crack me up. Armchair experts in goalkeeping now too.

[quote user="Ian"]You guys crack me up. Armchair experts in goalkeeping now too.[/quote]

Surely the point of the discussion board is for fans or "armchair experts" as you call them to discuss their opinions on the club, the players and their performance.

Why does that crack you up? Or is it just that the other fans views aren''t in line with your own non-expert opinion and you thought you''d just make petulant insults instead of coming up with a coherent argument?

watched "Goals on Sunday" with Schmeichel and Gomez both in studio.

First about Ya Ya penalty ...

bad penalty from Toure with back camera easy can be seen Ruddy reacted at time choose his right angle but same time his left food loosing ground and he not cover enough at this situation.Seems if he make stable left foot then may be can save this penalty.

About his mistakes they costly us bad also with West Ham same was in 93 min Ruddy+Tetey

Seems he often wonder to catch or to push ball and according Gomez this new balls is very poor for keepers so most of times is better to push than to catch.

Over all he lost his confidence with this 90 min mistakes and need rest for sure.

Wonder this to be rested will kill totally his confidence or will back stronger.

See first time AN angry so very big % we will see Declan starting next Saturday.

First game for me this season so hope some luck for good rezult :-)

Ha what an utter helmet. So you can only pass judgement on goalkeepers or any player if you are what..... qualified coach, or a current or ex pro.

Of course a message board is for discussing opinions. I was merely expressing mine. Free speech dictates that everyone has the right to an (uninformed) opinion, but yes, I believe you can only "pass judgement" if you have a good idea of what you''re talking about. Suggest you look up the dictionary definition if you''re struggling with that.

My opinion is that a lot of people on here like to throw mud at any of our players who are going through a (sometimes imaginary) poor run of form, and completely disregard any positive influence they have had on current results, and/or our rapid climb to the Premiership. They will take any opportunity to kick someone whilst they''re down.

Ruddy is an excellent goalkeeper. He is below his best at the moment, and perhaps he needs a rest from the pressure of being a top keeper in a struggling team, but I''m certainly not convinced he is the major problem in the team at the moment. Anyone who thinks Rudd is going to come in and be head and shoulders above Ruddy, well look at how close Ruddy got to both penalties against Man City, and how close Rudd got to those against Everton.

Oh and thanks for asking by the way - what cracks me up is people who think that by dropping Martin and Ruddy we will suddenly turn losses into wins. Bearing in mind we put in an excellent overall team performance away against the current league leaders, who were assembled at a cost of hundreds of millions of pounds, and my opinion is that they need a reality check. Sorry if you find this petulant, but to be completely honest I''m quite heartened by that.

Your missing the point mate. All that hard work against a team worth hundreds of millions was undone by bad goalkeeping. Not for the first time. I think that''s the point in this post.