Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Yellow

More inept?

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]Can anyone recall a more inept thread than this one?[/quote]Or more inept poster............

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]Can anyone recall a more inept thread than this one?[/quote]Or more inept poster............[/quote]Don''t start me...[;)]

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]Can anyone recall a more inept passage of play at PL level than the Ruddy/Bassong/Martin masterpiece that resulted in City''s first penalty on Saturday?[/quote]Is this a possible for Most Inept OP of The Year Award?

Thetford is just upset about the fact that his team only scored 1, yes just 1 goal in October.

Not getting on Micks back Thetford?

The year is 1992 and Norwich under the stewardship of Mike Walker have made a decent start to the inaugural Premier League campaign. They travel to Stamford Bridge and quickly find themselves 2-0 down. This was partly down to them getting stuck in traffic which meant they had to get changed on the bus and run straight onto the pitch - but I digress.

Norwich battle back to 2-2 and it appears that is how the result will stay. That is until David Phillips scuffs a speculative shot from the edge of the area towards Dave Beasant in the Chelsea goal. Despite having enough time to light a cigarette, go to the toilet and then laugh at how weak the shot is, Beasant allows the ball squirm through his arms and into the net. A moment of shocking ineptitud, which allows Norwich to return to the top of the table.

A random and totally pointless story but let''s face it, this was a random and totally pointless threat by a random totally pointless poster.

[quote user="Jacko"]The year is 1992 and Norwich under the stewardship of Mike Walker have made a decent start to the inaugural Premier League campaign. They travel to Stamford Bridge and quickly find themselves 2-0 down. This was partly down to them getting stuck in traffic which meant they had to get changed on the bus and run straight onto the pitch - but I digress.

Norwich battle back to 2-2 and it appears that is how the result will stay. That is until David Phillips scuffs a speculative shot from the edge of the area towards Dave Beasant in the Chelsea goal. Despite having enough time to light a cigarette, go to the toilet and then laugh at how weak the shot is, Beasant allows the ball squirm through his arms and into the net. A moment of shocking ineptitud, which allows Norwich to return to the top of the table.

A random and totally pointless story but let''s face it, this was a random and totally pointless threat by a random totally pointless poster.[/quote]Beasant was badly at fault for one of the other goals and arguably for both. When the third trundled in, as I recall, he just lay on the ground with his head in his hands.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jacko"]The year is 1992 and Norwich under the stewardship of Mike Walker have made a decent start to the inaugural Premier League campaign. They travel to Stamford Bridge and quickly find themselves 2-0 down. This was partly down to them getting stuck in traffic which meant they had to get changed on the bus and run straight onto the pitch - but I digress.

A random and totally pointless story but let''s face it, this was a random and totally pointless threat by a random totally pointless poster.[/quote]Beasant was badly at fault for one of the other goals and arguably for both. When the third trundled in, as I recall, he just lay on the ground with his head in his hands.[/quote]

One of the great away games. Always sticks in the memory.

Don''t think Beasant ever played for Chelsea again,did he?

What made it even better,if memory serves. They had only just

signed Flecky from us. We were a bit cheesed off about that.

When the teams ran out in the corner near to us. Flecky looked

towards the Norwich fans and gave his new badge a cheeky kiss.

That stirred us up a bit,and made the win even sweeter.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="morty"]How long have you been supporting Norwich City?[/quote]

Am I right that the OP is Smudger ?  In which case I wouldn''t use the terms "support" and "Norwich City" about him. 

[/quote]No idea, don''t think so though, isn''t ruthers Smudger?

[quote user="Mind the gap"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jacko"]The year is 1992 and Norwich under the stewardship of Mike Walker have made a decent start to the inaugural Premier League campaign. They travel to Stamford Bridge and quickly find themselves 2-0 down. This was partly down to them getting stuck in traffic which meant they had to get changed on the bus and run straight onto the pitch - but I digress.

That was a great day. I remember that like it was yesterday! Absolutely brilliant the Fleck thing.

12.500 attendance at Stamford bridge if I remember right with probably over 1000 yellas there. How times change hey

A random and totally pointless story but let''s face it, this was a random and totally pointless threat by a random totally pointless poster.[/quote]Beasant was badly at fault for one of the other goals and arguably for both. When the third trundled in, as I recall, he just lay on the ground with his head in his hands.[/quote]

One of the great away games. Always sticks in the memory.

Don''t think Beasant ever played for Chelsea again,did he?

What made it even better,if memory serves. They had only just

signed Flecky from us. We were a bit cheesed off about that.

When the teams ran out in the corner near to us. Flecky looked

towards the Norwich fans and gave his new badge a cheeky kiss.

That stirred us up a bit,and made the win even sweeter.[/quote]

So it took a massive 10-15 minutes before the self-proclaimed forum watchdogs, the people who treat any sort of criticism against any Norwich player as an attack on their own family, or even worse, an attack on their somewhat bloated egos, managed to kick another thread into another useless discussion. Yes, I''m talking about the reknown combined incompetence of Morty and this Hog fellow.

It is remarkable how early in the day the red wine mist clears these days. Maybe the current unemployment benefits are not sufficient to support the household with the required volume of bottles?

How about answering the OP properly for once? Would make this forum a better place.

Oh, not to mention a permanent ban for these "gentlemen", for violating my daily needs of a fruitful forum discussion, instead of having to scroll through endless oneliners of bull

[quote user="grefstad"]So it took a massive 10-15 minutes before the self-proclaimed forum watchdogs, the people who treat any sort of criticism against any Norwich player as an attack on their own family, or even worse, an attack on their somewhat bloated egos, managed to kick another thread into another useless discussion. Yes, I''m talking about the reknown combined incompetence of Morty and this Hog fellow.

It is remarkable how early in the day the red wine mist clears these days. Maybe the current unemployment benefits are not sufficient to support the household with the required volume of bottles?

How about answering the OP properly for once? Would make this forum a better place.

Oh, not to mention a permanent ban for these "gentlemen", for violating my daily needs of a fruitful forum discussion, instead of having to scroll through endless oneliners of bull[/quote]If you would take your head out of your ar$e for a minute, I did answer him properly.I asked him how long he had been supporting Norwich City, because in my 24 years I have seen much, much worse defending.And as for the irony of you carping on about people not answering the OP, by not answering the OP in any way........

]The year is 1992 and Norwich under the stewardship of Mike Walker have made a decent start to the inaugural Premier League campaign. They travel to Stamford Bridge and quickly find themselves 2-0 down. This was partly down to them getting stuck in traffic which meant they had to get changed on the bus and run straight onto the pitch - but I digress.

A day I will never forget.

We stood about 10 miles away from the pitch in that old part of Stamford Bridge that by modern standards would have been condemned long ago. No roof, and the bogs were a trough affair behind some sort of breeze block wall.

Flecky was priceless, a complete tool. Beasant had the worst stinker I have ever seen a keeper have - and Ian Porterfield (remember him?) told him he would never play for Chelsea again. He actually did - when Porterfield became the first Prem Manager to get the sack.

We stood behind the goal when Diamond Dave scored, it wasn''t even going in, somehow Beasant managed to let it go under him and hook it in at the same time.

Now if Grobbelaar had done it we would have been a bit suspicious......

[quote user="grefstad"]So it took a massive 10-15 minutes before the self-proclaimed forum watchdogs, the people who treat any sort of criticism against any Norwich player as an attack on their own family, or even worse, an attack on their somewhat bloated egos, managed to kick another thread into another useless discussion. Yes, I''m talking about the reknown combined incompetence of Morty and this Hog fellow.

Oh, not to mention a permanent ban for these "gentlemen", for violating my daily needs of a fruitful forum discussion, instead of having to scroll through endless oneliners of bull[/quote]
Pete, can we just block any IP''s from Norway from now on please? I presume this guy is just a troll on a windup

It is definitely correct to say he was at fault for all 3 goals. He came rushing out for no reason leaving Robins with a tap in and made a complete hash of another that Robins hit straight at him. I literally thought the Chelsea fans were going to lynch him from the crossbar when that third goal went in.

There was also an utterly bizarre quirk of the fixture list which meant that we ended up playing Chelsea twice in the league by the middle of September. That would never be allowed to happen today.

It was after that game that you just began to sense we might be seeing the start of something a bit special that season, given the freakish circumstances in which we won the game. It will never happen again and I honestly think Norwich are the last small club (without any real investment) who will ever challenge for the league title in this country unless Sky contrivers to eat itself.