Sign in to follow this  
ncfc fan

Swansea - remembrance

Don''t see the point, the dead can''t hear us. And if they could, we''d be silent so they couldn''t hear us. Plus it''s a proper buzz kill before a match starts. We need to be roaring into this one, not trying not to cough or sneeze for sixty seconds.

The war was ages ago anyway, it''s about time we all moved on. When do you think the minutes silence for victims of the Napoleon wars stopped? We do nuked banging on about that now, do we?

We should do a minute''s applause to remember the last time we beat the world at anything meaningful without the help of a dodgy Russian linesman. I will be applauding and I urge you all to join me.

[quote user="Paul"]Hopefully there will be a minutes silence on Saturday for Sandy Kennon[/quote][quote user="Paul"]I see that there is to be a minutes applause tomorrow

at 2.50pm for the two men who died in Hellesdon recently (something to

do with community heroes). Surely it would have been more fitting to get

the players out, stand round the centre circle and have a minutes

silence?[/quote][quote user="Paul"]I think there should be a minutes

silence at the last game of every season to remember all football people

who have died in that season
[/quote][quote user="Paul"]Minutes silence at Rotherham For Bradford Fire disaster All

clubs in league doing it Lets hope its properly observed with everyone

getting their food and drink early enough to take to their seat in good

time[/quote][quote user="Paul"]Armed forces day - minutes silence? Because tonight is armed forces day is there a minutes silence before KO? I can''t remember from previous years?[/quote][quote user="Paul"]Minutes silence or minutes applause?? When we need one at Norwich, which do you prefer and why? I

prefer silence because a loud excitable stadium hushed to silence with

27000 in the ground is an amazing experience and having a silence is

more respectful.
[/quote][quote user="Paul"]Dave Mckay true legend. As he was well known I think

we ought to have a minutes silence tomorrow v Wigan[/quote][quote user="Paul"]Is there a minutes silence tomorrow for Reg Faulker?[/quote]Obsessed - much? [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Paul"]Hopefully there will be a minutes silence on Saturday for Sandy Kennon[/quote][quote user="Paul"]I see that there is to be a minutes applause tomorrow

at 2.50pm for the two men who died in Hellesdon recently (something to

do with community heroes). Surely it would have been more fitting to get

the players out, stand round the centre circle and have a minutes

silence?[/quote][quote user="Paul"]I think there should be a minutes

silence at the last game of every season to remember all football people

who have died in that season
[/quote][quote user="Paul"]Minutes silence at Rotherham For Bradford Fire disaster All

clubs in league doing it Lets hope its properly observed with everyone

getting their food and drink early enough to take to their seat in good

time[/quote][quote user="Paul"]Armed forces day - minutes silence? Because tonight is armed forces day is there a minutes silence before KO? I can''t remember from previous years?[/quote][quote user="Paul"]Minutes silence or minutes applause?? When we need one at Norwich, which do you prefer and why? I

27000 in the ground is an amazing experience and having a silence is

more respectful.
[/quote][quote user="Paul"]Dave Mckay true legend. As he was well known I think

we ought to have a minutes silence tomorrow v Wigan[/quote][quote user="Paul"]Is there a minutes silence tomorrow for Reg Faulker?[/quote]Obsessed - much? [:S][/quote]

Wow Lapps, thats dedication right there ;)

He''s even more dedicated to keeping track of Waveney''s myriad aliases. I think Lapps is a bit of an obsessive... [:)]

[quote user="Paul"]Minutes silence or minutes applause?? When we need one at Norwich, which do you prefer and why? I

27000 in the ground is an amazing experience.[/quote]
You must be gutted that Houghton got fired.

[quote user="Bor"]Don''t see the point, the dead can''t hear us. And if they could, we''d be silent so they couldn''t hear us. Plus it''s a proper buzz kill before a match starts. We need to be roaring into this one, not trying not to cough or sneeze for sixty seconds.

The war was ages ago anyway, it''s about time we all moved on. When do you think the minutes silence for victims of the Napoleon wars stopped? We do nuked banging on about that now, do we?

We should do a minute''s applause to remember the last time we beat the world at anything meaningful without the help of a dodgy Russian linesman. I will be applauding and I urge you all to join me.[/quote]

you idiot, if you don''t understand the meaning of Remembrance Sunday then you shouldn''t post pathetic comments like this about it.

I hope we do have a minutes silence to show respect not only for those that have given their lives for us but also others we may have lost outside of conflicts over the years.

I still find Pauls necessity to only start a thread if it''s related to any kind of minutes silence or applause more concerning than the length of time it took to bite at Bors post.

[quote user="Herman "]Anybody else fed up with the poppy fascism?[/quote]As in Britain First using it?

[quote user="Herman "]See the grief Sienna Miller has had to put with for example.[/quote]Ah right, just read that, I wasn''t aware of it.I think people need to know the difference in peoples reasons firstly. If she didn''t want to wear one then thats fine, personally I have no issue with that. If her reasons were to make some kind of political statement then I would be slightly less fine with that.But I would still respect her democratic right to choose, in the free society that people died for.

I''m just surprised the OP hasn''t followed this up by urging everyone to "get to their seats on time" as he usually would.

but.

I think I smell a rat here. I think this chap Paul is having a bit of fun with us here and is deriving some sort of amusment, whatever it might be, out of flagging up each time a possible minutes silence may happen at a match and having a good giggle at our expense each time we rise to it.

we maybe dealing with...albeit a slightly dark, a comedic genius here?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I''m just surprised the OP hasn''t followed this up by urging everyone to "get to their seats on time" as he usually would.

but.

I think I smell a rat here. I think this chap Paul is having a bit of fun with us here and is deriving some sort of amusment, whatever it might be, out of flagging up each time a possible minutes silence may happen at a match and having a good giggle at our expense each time we rise to it.

we maybe dealing with...albeit a slightly dark, a comedic genius here?

[/quote]No.I get the feeling that he is just a nutter that is going to whack players just for a minutes silence.

"But I would still respect her democratic right to choose, in the free society that people died for." Morty.Precisely. People getting into trouble for not wearing a symbol on their clothing. Something familiar about that.