Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Yellow

Do the maths

With our next six fixtures after Swansea unlikely to produce many victories, failure to win on Saturday will mean that we''ll enter the new year with around 10-15 (max) points. In other words, we''ll have to win almost 50 per cent of our games in the second half of the season to stand any chance of reaching the 40 point survival mark. And that ain''t gonna happen, I''m afraid

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]With our next six fixtures after Swansea unlikely to produce many victories, failure to win on Saturday will mean that we''ll enter the new year with around 10-15 (max) points. In other words, we''ll have to win almost 50 per cent of our games in the second half of the season to stand any chance of reaching the 40 point survival mark. And that ain''t gonna happen, I''m afraid[/quote]All that matters is that there are three teams worse than us come the end of the season.There are currently four.

[quote user="Disco Dale"]Unless we change manager and quickly it isn''t going to get better[/quote]You make changing manager sound as easy as changing your name Waveney. BTW, how''s your "McCarthy Out" campaign going on TWTD? [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Disco Dale"]Unless we change manager and quickly it isn''t going to get better[/quote]You make changing manager sound as easy as changing your name Waveney. BTW, how''s your "McCarthy Out" campaign going on TWTD? [:D][/quote]

Going well Lapps but could do with some help with you guys as well

If Mourinho manages to keep his job a few more weeks then the Chelsea game is winnable.

We''re well short of where I thought we would be. Very disappointing. I''m just hoping the standard of the league is so low that 35 points might be enough.

Lose at home to Swansea then prepare for meltdown on here :(

[quote user="UpperBarclay"]If Mourinho manages to keep his job a few more weeks then the Chelsea game is winnable.

We''re well short of where I thought we would be. Very disappointing. I''m just hoping the standard of the league is so low that 35 points might be enough.

Lose at home to Swansea then prepare for meltdown on here :([/quote]Thats inevitable, people will whinge.Its just what happens here, its actually quite amusing.

[quote user="Disco Dale"]I will melt down undoubtably[/quote]I would be disappointed if you didn''t[:D]

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]I''ve done the maths and come to the conclusion that Thetford Yellow is an whinging ball bag[/quote]Let me just check those figures for you........

.....Yep, they seem to add up.

[quote user="Disco Dale"]I will melt down undoubtably[/quote]

Is this how you change your persona, you melt yourself down and someone pours you into a new and even more useless mould?

37 points is more realistic for safety than 40, isn''t it? Sometimes it''s as low as 34/35 points.

If we take 36 points as being enough then we need 27 points from 27 games. However 7 of these are against Man City, Man Utd x 2, Arsenal x 2 and Chelsea x 2. If we lose these (and we are likely to lose another 7 games this season) this becomes 27 points from 20 games or 1.35 points per game. If 40 points are needed that is 2 points per game. 1.35 points per game is achievable but a tough ask. 2 points per game is very unlikely.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/448665548_b4537c7c0d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/448665548_b4537c7c0d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I''ve just done the BBC prediction thing (is that still a thing) and factoring the financial boost we get when Sepp Blatter buys us with his compensation money he wins for his unfair dismissal from FIFA, we qualify for the Champions League and we also get a wild card entry into the World Club Championship (think Sepp may have called in a few favours).

So we can all relax, it''s going to be fine.

What''s the worst that can happen? We get relegated, AN will lose his job, we''ll sell some players, loan players will go back, we build on the good squad and youngsters we have and get promoted again the following season!

Part of the great journey on board NCFC.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]If we take 36 points as being enough then we need 27 points from 27 games. However 7 of these are against Man City, Man Utd x 2, Arsenal x 2 and Chelsea x 2. If we lose these (and we are likely to lose another 7 games this season) this becomes 27 points from 20 games or 1.35 points per game. If 40 points are needed that is 2 points per game. 1.35 points per game is achievable but a tough ask. 2 points per game is very unlikely.[/quote]

Yeah of course, we''ll never get any points off teams like Man City or Chelsea will we ? I mean we lost all 4 games to them last time we got relegated, didn''t we ? Hold on a sec....

News flash - last season in the Prem we drew with Man City at home and Chelsea away despite generally playing poorly that season.... so assuming we will lose all the games against the top teams is overly pessimistic ***shock***

Why don''t you try understanding what you read? Whilst we might not lose the 7 games to the sides I mentioned I also made the point that we are likely to lose 7 of our last 27 games so my conclusion remains valid. As we have lost 6 of our first 11 games imagining we could lose 7 of the remaining 27 is hardly contentious or, for Morty''s benefit, panicking.

Really, some of you lack the basic reasoning skills to sustain an argument!

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Why don''t you try understanding what you read? Whilst we might not lose the 7 games to the sides I mentioned I also made the point that we are likely to lose 7 of our last 27 games so my conclusion remains valid. As we have lost 6 of our first 11 games imagining we could lose 7 of the remaining 27 is hardly contentious or, for Morty''s benefit, panicking.

Really, some of you lack the basic reasoning skills to sustain an argument![/quote]

I have little doubt we will lose more than 7 games in the next 27, but heck who cares, that''s life for a small club in the big league!

Why argue at all just talk and debate?

I''m going for losing five of the next 7 games picking up a win and a draw before Christmas. So that''s 4 points from the next 21, just can''t see us catching a break this side of Christmas.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Really, some of you lack the basic reasoning skills to sustain an argument![/quote]I blame the teachers. [;)]

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]Why don''t you try understanding what you read? Whilst we might not lose the 7 games to the sides I mentioned I also made the point that we are likely to lose 7 of our last 27 games so my conclusion remains valid. As we have lost 6 of our first 11 games imagining we could lose 7 of the remaining 27 is hardly contentious or, for Morty''s benefit, panicking.

Really, some of you lack the basic reasoning skills to sustain an argument![/quote]

I have little doubt we will lose more than 7 games in the next 27, but heck who cares, that''s life for a small club in the big league!

Why argue at all just talk and debate?

I''m going for losing five of the next 7 games picking up a win and a draw before Christmas. So that''s 4 points from the next 21, just can''t see us catching a break this side of Christmas.[/quote]

Why argue at all just talk and debate. Well as an argument is an exchange of views or opinions it is the basis of debate. Arguments can become heated just as debates can of course but I''m not arguing that we shouldn''t be where we are. I was trying to quantify the size of the challenge ahead if we are to stay up.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]Really, some of you lack the basic reasoning skills to sustain an argument![/quote]I blame the teachers. [;)][/quote]

I blame the old codgers who think flippant one liners represent reasoned debate :)