Sign in to follow this  
grinner

53 goals

feel great again after my lay down after our 4-4 result.53 goals scored in our div.8 of them must have been sent by god. ie wba 1-1 ,sheff 3-3.think in two weeks time it will be the big one yes sheff are here.this is the first six pointer in every sense of the word. i cannt wait.will have to tellephone miss smith,and ask if she needs extra help to fit those seats early.forget today. hucks was on fire today i believe.

I have to say that as I was listening to Uncle Roy this afternoon and also watching a muted sky with all the goals rolling in,I was thinking what a wonderful advertisement the Division games and goals were for football today.54 goals I made it(I may be wrong) in just 12 games,the fans at those games really got their money worth.
Football often gets in the headlines for the wrong reasons but today Division 1 showed everyone what the game is all about.Passion!

Sorry, but wrong call again cityangel. What Division 1 is repeatedly showing this season is the huge ( and growing ) gap between itself and the Premier. Dreams are fine when one is sleeping and also when trying to use football as escapism from the cold hard world of reality. If one is more determined, however, ( be that fans or football club management ) to seek a quality product that can perform competitively in the top echelon of British football let alone on the European stage, then a more radical and innovative approach is required. I have pointed this out previously and drawn the abuse of fans on this board almost universally. Fair enough, was my reaction to the abuse, the folks would rather trust chance and the possibility of the odd season here and there in the Premier. That''s fine, but let''s not pretend the product is different than what it is.

with respect yankeecanary what the hell are you on about.thanks for your comments cityangel at least they were in english.

Yankee,
I agree theres a gap between some of the Premier clubs and Division 1clubs but is that really relevant to my post.The point I was trying to make was this,having watched the highlights of 4 of the high scoring Div 1 games tonight what struck me was the sheer passion of the teams involved,the scores bounced forwards and backwards and no-one was prepared to admit defeat until that final whistle was blown..We often criticise players for not being up for it,for lacking passion, but I thought that today the Div 1 games were a good advert for football.54 goals in 12 games, which meant that the paying fans really got value for money depending on which team they supported of course.
On to your post,please explain how the club and fans need to adopt a more radical and innovative approach if they seek a quality product.

Well Mr Yankee you have the dubious honour of causing my first post rejection by the moderators!

Not so much fun

Having been working all afgternoonand consciously avoiding the results I was amazed when the good mrs G greeted my arrival home with the news that the lads had notched up four goals.

In raptures of ecstacy I planted a big fat sloppy kiss on her chops. You''ve no idea what next happened when she informed that ipswich had let in four.

Usually a man of routine I was quite happy to, on this spendid occasion, to bring the ritual saturday night nuptials forward a few hours.

But however amorous I might feel I never lose sight of priorities, however difficult.

Try propping yourself up with one arm and working the remote with the other. Not an easy task. But needs must.

What a let down.

The binmen had scored six !

And we had let in four !

Still, the good news was we were still on top. Bad news was so was I.

Fortunately of the 50 odd goals scored today in the 1st Div, none have affected our position as leaders. Results have gone for us [ Sheff Utd, Baggies and Sunderland etc]. I am confident that we will be there come May. Look at Forest! I sympathise with them... lovely ground, quality players and superb fans. At the onset of the season, we did''nt even feature in the media as play off candidates. Lets all take stock of whats been achieved halfway through this season, I think once the South stand is up an running with the decibels belting out from all quarters we will raise our game!. Too much deep thought...Lets take every game as it comes and enjoy! Quality product my A**e! Its Football!!!

Whoops! I have to make two apologies here. Sorry Grinner, my message has no relevance to your thread. I was reacting to what I read from cityangel ( what I read was different than what she actually wrote ).
My apologies cityangel. You referred twice to what occurred in Division 1 "today". I twice failed to read the "today" word. Careless and, therefore, irrelevant on my part. I normally pay more attention to what''s actually said. I won''t comment further on your other question so as to not contaminate this thread. It will come up again elsewhere.

YankeeCanary you really need to lighten up mate! Grinner and CityAngel merely pointed out that the passion displayed today was a good advertisement for football, in particular our division. Quite where you are coming from the lord only knows! As a matter of curiosity seeing as you raised the issue there were some points I wasn''t sure of.
When you spoke of fans being more radical and innovative - do you mean we should leave the car at home and go to the game on unicycle? I dont think this will work with away games.
When you pointed out this point that no-one understood before you "almost universally" recieved abuse. Didn''t you think to make it more clearer so that we could understand it the second time? You could may well leave yourself open to abuse once again.
You say we would rather trust chance - unfortunately we all have to - you can''t have no luck!!! You either have good or bad luck, amongst the other seven million variables that make up a teams performance on that day. If you have the recipe for a perfect performance on match day than lets have it - oh! and could you pass it on to Man United as they had a bad day today, who did they lose to? Thats the trouble with Man United though isn''t it Yankee, they just don''t invest in a quality product and rely too much on chance!?!
This product that is different, are you telling me that the whole City team is not what it seems, could they all be Mcvities biscuits... I had my suspicions about the Ginger Nuts but the Hob Nobs, well, I''d rather not go there!

since when has anyone described football as a ''product''?

if i ever do, slap me down folks, okay none of the teams in division one would regularly beat man u, but on their day they can (as wolves did yesterday)

we all go to see an entertaining game and yankee, you cannot argue that a 4-4 draw, a 6-4 win, a 6-1 win and a 3-3 draw, to name a few, are not entertaining games

someone has to win this division and three of us are going to be promoted, whatever the quality,from what i have seen of the premiership this season, (only on TV it has to be said) i cannot really believe the majority of teams there cannot be beaten by us.

Remember yankee, when promoted we will of course buy in more players, but we have as good a chance as anyone else in this division, and a better one than most.

Mmmm.... even when I''m irrelevant I seem to draw quite a lot of heat. Perhaps I''m qualified to go into politics. I''ll make that my 53rd goal.
P.S. Wizard, I''m quite surprised that the pictorial description from MasterGreen didn''t get one YUK from you.

MasterGreen,
Just had to say your post made me smile and I have to be honest and say they dont always.What with you showing us your gentle side,wizard reborn and going soft with everyone and yankee complimenting me on a post in another thread, I have a feeling that 2004 will be a good one in more ways than one!
I love this message board and our posters!

When I first read Yankees post I thought he was being funny,now I realise re the swearing thread that this was probably meant to be taken seriously.Now surely no-one on here would take exception to the words ''bloody hell'' especially as they were said in such a light hearted fun way.