Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Lennon and McCarthy

Meet at Poorman Rd tonight. With Bolton in the bottom three and only one win from 14 games so far this season, defeat tonight will surely mean him being shown the door.So, for Highland''s sake.......C''mon Bolton, thump the scum. [:@] 

Perhaps the best songwriting duo of all time, reduced to Tuesday night football in a half empty binman''s paradise.

Perhaps Lennon will take the long and winding road back to the SPL.

Of course, had Lennon been appointed, Hooper would now be knocking in goals for fun in the premier. But that was last season''s error. For this season we are attempting to play premier league football with a championship defence which is, undeniably, tricky.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Of course, had Lennon been appointed, Hooper would now be knocking in goals for fun in the premier. But that was last season''s error. For this season we are attempting to play premier league football with a championship defence which is, undeniably, tricky.[/quote][:D]

Big crowd at bin central tonight...[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsmhi95ner.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsmhi95ner.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]2-0 now, Lennon getting sacked in the morning ! he will end up at Torquay[/quote]The Highland League more likely. [;)]

Lennon and Bolton must be sh!t if they are losing 2-0 at portaloo.....

They finally got that much needed three points, which can''t be that bad as it keeps agent McCarthy and his hapless sidekick Connor in situ for the immediate future.

A fifteenth season in the Chumps remains on the cards for the impoverished ones.

Got to feel sorry for 1p5wich (Uncertain Iberian Ladyboy.)

I respect Highland.

Still posting on here after being so badly humiliated due to his insane perseverance towards a terrible manager, to the point he criticised the board and the fans.

Here''s to you, Highland.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Of course, had Lennon been appointed, Hooper would now be knocking in goals for fun in the premier. But that was last season''s error. For this season we are attempting to play premier league football with a championship defence which is, undeniably, tricky.[/quote]You think Lennon would have sold Hooper on straight away then, instead of giving him a go? Lennon''s statistics at Bolton are interesting, and suggestive, In his first 10 game in charge he gained 18 points. In the next 10 it was 14 points, in the next 10 it was 12, in the next 10 it was 5 and in the next nine (which brings us up to date) 7 points. So 1.8 points per gane in the first 10 and then 0.9 ppg thereafter. He got seven wins in his first 12 games and 6 in the last 37.All of which rather backs up the idea, voiced here by some posters, that he is a bit of a Stuart Pearce figure - someone who comes into a club and enthuses the players, initially producing good results. But when that buzz fades the lack of tactical acumen and general managerial nous means that results fall away badly.

It''s a car crash of a club to manage and therefore any assessment of Lennon has to take this fully into account.

I would never have wanted him at Carrow Road though, not the right fit, but who is to say he wouldn''t have brought success.

We appointed AN and the end fully justified the means.

I can''t buy into this ridiculous notion that Lennon is doing well really because he is somehow hamstrung by Bolton. If that was the case surely some other club would have rescued him by now. The truth seems to be that Bolton was the best he could get and he''s done nothing there to suggest he could do better. In fact it seems Lennon''s Bolton are worse than the one he inherited.

But maybe Highland or JF will come and tell me to here I''ve misjudged him.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]It''s a car crash of a club to manage and therefore any assessment of Lennon has to take this fully into account.

I would never have wanted him at Carrow Road though, not the right fit, but who is to say he wouldn''t have brought success.

We appointed AN and the end fully justified the means.[/quote]Broadstairs, I did factor that in. Bolton certainly owe a great deal of money, but to the owner, so that isn''t necessarily a problem. It might be or it might not. And although some club in the Championship are wealthy (Middlesbrough for one spent heavily in the summer) there are many others that exist on a shoestring. If Lennon really was as good as a very few posters here claimed then Bolton should be doing better than they are. Instead, after a good start, they have fallen away, and you cannot blame a lack of money for that. As far as I am aware the club''s finances have not changed significantly during Lennon''s tenure.

Both managers need "Help". Personally i think we should just "let it be" and see what happens at the end of the season. Maybe they''ll "get by with a little help from their friends"