Sign in to follow this  
Lynn Canary

Defence for Swansea ?

With Wisdom out injured and Martin suspended. That leaves us with just 4 recognized defenders for the game. So Whittaker, bennett, bassong and olsson to start, but who will be on the bench ? Surely we won''t go into the game without a defender on the bench. A chance for a youngster to feature in the squad for first time ?

That''s true. Although with Jarvis picking up a knee injury against man city, if he is out then brady would more than likely move to left mid ? I just wonder if Toffolo getting recalled early would be an option or if maybe they will just go with someone like Coker or hall-johnson as a sub for just the one game

A good demonstration of how thin things are and how difficult it is to get the balance right in the squad. Just a couple of injuries and suspensions and things start to look tricky. If we start with Whittaker, Bennett, Bassong and Olsson and we lose one, what happens other than shoehorning Brady in? Jarvis already out on the left side. Looked more solid with 3 centre-backs too. Lest we forget Bennett''s injury history. Would Turner have made the bench for Swansea? Brady being picked on the right can''t have done much for Whittaker''s morale. Lots to consider

We are worryingly short at the back, as has been said all season. Another injury away from a defensive crisis. I expect we''ll draft in an under 21 for cover, if the worse happens.

Wisdom is fit and has trained all week but my back 4 would be

Whitts - R. Bennett - Bassong - Olssen