Sign in to follow this  
YorkshirePudding

Jarvis and Mbokani

Not sure if it''s been mentioned already but in AN''s update today he stated that Jarvis will be out for a number of weeks after tweaking his knee ligaments.

It''s a shame but I''m glad it''s a matter of weeks rather than months, and that it''s not such a serious injury that would scupper his momentum as he''s done great for us so far.

Mbokani is back from illness but has only done one week''s training so I doubt he will start.

Whilst its not ideal if Jarvis has an ijury, at least it will stop Neil trying to shoehorn both him and Brady into the same team.

at least now, we can have Olsson permenantly back at left back and Brady further forward which is presumably what we spent £7m for him to do.

(now watch Neil play Brady at left back and Howson on the left wing tomorrow ?!?)

A pity about Mbokani''s false start as he was bedding in nicely and seemed likely to improve by the game.

It will give CJ another stab at the goalscoring charts, which isn''t necessarily a bad thing, IMO, and he might even be more certain when presented with scoring chances after his soft goal last week ... which made up a bit for Simon Hooper''s nonsense first time out.

Grabban will probably be on the bench as we won''t have the option of Gary Hooper should we be chasing the game.

BroadstairsR - ''or perhaps it''s time to give Lafferty some deserved recognition? ''

Absolutely, I would much, much, much prefer to see Lafferty coming off the bench than Grabban.

Brady and Redmond on the wings for me and Jerome upfront.

Shame about Jarvis and glad its only 2/3 weeks, the international break has fell right for him.

I don''t think Lafferty has offered any more than Grabban so far this season. Last season I thought Grabban was much better despite a couple of big flaws in his game. Lafferty looked very average in the championship and for me international form isn''t everything. Healy scored plenty for Northern Ireland but it didn''t mean he was good enough for the premiership.

''I don''t think Lafferty has offered any more than Grabban so far this season''

He''s scored for a start, and has had less opportunities than Grabban. What has Grabban exactly offered thus far?

''Lafferty looked very average in the championship''

Where he was played out wide for the few games he appeared in.

''international form isn''t everything''

But it definitely is ''something'' though, and more than Grabban has offered

[quote user="Dead Canary"]Yorkshire why would you rather see Lafferty than Grabban?[/quote]
Because Grabban is crap, and Lafferty hasn''t really played much for us, but clearly can score as he has been on fire internationally?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]or perhaps it''s time to give Lafferty some deserved recognition?[/quote]

Looking at several of your posts anyone playing for Norwich are crap, anyone not able to get into the 1st team or have been sold are world class players.

Me thinks you just like a windup lol

Lafferty was very average. Left or not he had plenty of chances and didn''t look like a goal scorer. He also looked to have a more erratic first touch than Grabban. Grabban at least provides a different option who likes to run in behind and and use good movement to move the defenders about. We already have Mbokani and Jerome who are both better in the air and at holding the ball up to bring others into play than Lafferty. I just don''t see him as an option whilst those two are fit, even on the bench.

Grabban and Lafferty not much better than Cody McDonald and he cost us a few Green Shield Stamps

Lafferty is not a left winger - a reason he was loaned out last year was because he was behind all 3 of Grabban, Jerome and Hooper for the ST position. We''ve addressed that side nicely with Brady and Jarvis despite selling BJ who, let''s be honest, wasn''t a left winger either.

I feel for Lafferty, he''s done nothing wrong and even scored 1 in his last 2 sub appearances (cup goal) but sadly those ahead of him are simply playing better. If we hadn''t signed Mbokani it might have been different, but AN still seems to rate Grabban higher