Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

starting 11

doesnt really look like we are going for the win does it, i thought we were meant to be the home team

terrible selection

[quote user="iron_stan"]doesnt really look like we are going for the win does it, [/quote]so we are deliberately setting out to lose the game then?

No Mulumbu. Ruddy starts again. And He who cannot be dropped Howson obviously keeps his place! Agreed OP, awful line up. Fast losing faith in Neil.

oneil starting and howson on the right wing? really ? howsons been rubbish as centre/attacking mid and thats his best position, oneil couldnt get a regular start when we in the championship

cut brady out the game and swansea will be laughing

the set pieces are better but we look blunt up toplittle to nothing coming from the right hand sideshelvey has hoolahan in his pocket

[quote user="iron_stan"]the set pieces are better but we look blunt up toplittle to nothing coming from the right hand sideshelvey has hoolahan in his pocket[/quote]agree with this.Wes is a good player but a more physical and taller option would probably see the end for him at the club... sadly it''s an option we need to explore. Wes is 34 for a start isn''t he?

I''ll tell you what''s hilarious, a half dozen games ago everybody couldn''t stop raving about Wes, as he had had a hand in our first 6 or 7 goals assisting or scoring. Now all of a sudden, he''s useless. If anything, he is the only player on the field right now who can create any kind of chance at goal. I think if he wasn''t playing, and neither was Brady, The best we could hope for is a 0–0. It''s been pretty abysmal in terms of showing like we might score.

[quote user="iron_stan"]the set pieces are better but we look blunt up toplittle to nothing coming from the right hand sideshelvey has hoolahan in his pocket[/quote]

I know he''s small, but surely that should be a foul?!

[quote user="iron_stan"]howsons been rubbish as centre/attacking mid and thats his best position[/quote]
Thank the Lord the ball hit him and deflected in.

[quote user="iron_stan"]doesnt really look like we are going for the win does it, i thought we were meant to be the home team

terrible selection[/quote]Yup, terrible selection, especially Howson out on the right.

xymox - no on mentioned ruddy, read the threadherman, oldrobert - the first half was dire, and it wasnt until the substitution we scored ;)if we are going to play like west brom we should have just hired tony pulis

[quote user="iron_stan"]xymox - no on mentioned ruddy, read the threadherman, oldrobert - the first half was dire, and it wasnt until the substitution we scored ;)if we are going to play like west brom we should have just hired tony pulis[/quote]True Stan it was, but at the end of the day, clean sheet and we won, therefore the tactics and selection must have been right for the day.[:D]

It''s the age old argument. Do we trade off attractive football for better results?

In my opinion we need to do everything we can to stay in this division, even if that involves poor quality 1-0 wins. We can then develop the squad over time and start to combine both flair and results. A lot of fans are unrealistic if they expect that instantly.