Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Where's this week's Howson is rubbish thread

Howson has been below par in recent weeks. Much better today and capped off his display with a goal. There''s nothing wrong with someone having an opinion that a player is off form and not producing. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and if you cant share it on a supporters forum then this site may aswell shut down.

Thought he showed hes starting to improve and find form again. Has been poor in recent weeks.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]There''s nothing wrong with someone having an opinion that a player is off form and not producing. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and if you cant share it on a supporters forum then this site may aswell shut down.[/quote]Very true but also very odd that opinions are only vented when someone is off form & not producingPeople rarely give credit when it''s due.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Thats all football fan''s in general tho.[/quote]

Yeah, I think it''s just everyone sees the game differently and have an overall liking or disliking for players styles.

Personally I would describe Howson as a neat if not exceptional ball player with good pace. He is often unwilling to put his body on the line to make a challenge and will often shadow mark players standing 10 yards off of an opponent rather than making a challenge. He''s got the ability to come up with a crucial goal (that finish against Ipswich in the play-offs last season being sublime) but I don''t feel he does that often enough to warrant a regular starting place. He''s a bit inconsistent and when the going gets tough he has a tendency to go missing and coast through the hard times.

I''d willingly accept that as Lambert, Hughton, Adams and Neil have selected him regularly for their team that I''m wrong in my assessment, but that''s just the way I see it.

Not seen anyone saying he is rubbish, just his formed had dipped. And in the first half he was poor, but much better in the second half

He was brilliant, like the rest of our team, in the first 6 or 7 games. Form has dipped in the last 5, like the rest of our team. Was decent yesterday, like the rest of the team.

I like Howson - overall he has a lot of quality but players of his ability aren''t going To be brilliant every single game...otherwise they wouldn''t be playing for us! Let''s just get behind whatever team AN picks shall we?!

Howson is a good player but again yesterday, like all of the ''attacking'' players, I thought was fairly anonymous going forward until Mbokani came on.

Olsson was our biggest threat in the first half as every single attack came down the left hand side. There was never anyone on the right!

This isn''t Howson''s fault however, he is not an attacking right midfielder/winger and never will be as he doesn''t have the attributes.

Credit where it''s due though, he helped Wisdom keep Montero in his pocket, which was vital for us keeping a clean sheet. When Montero went off/Mbokani came on, he looked more at comfotable going forward.

Neat and tidy as always and I''d probably have him in the team more often than not, just not on the right wing.