Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

MOTD

Thought the coverage of our game was decent tonight, for what was a fairly average game they made it look pretty decent - certainly wasn''t expecting to see anything much from the first half, nor for us to be anything other than the last game! It did rather make Monk''s comments about being in control look fairly stupid, as indeed they were - we could have been playing even now and they''d still have nil based on what we saw this afternoon.

Monk is confusing having lots of possession with being in control. If the opposition allows you to have possession that doesn''t mean they have also allowed you control.

They showed Gomis'' non penalty claim, and also Sigurdsson hitting the bar (2/3rds of the way through), and that was it. If anyone can agree with Monk, then they will look very silly.

Yes, good highlights and sensible analysis.

Also Lawro predicted us for a win correctly.

Just goes to show that when you been in the Prem for a while the pundits start to notice you a bit.

Although I noticed Wright didn''t do a voiceover for a clip of our play after his cringeworthy "he passes to him, and he passes to him" effort previously.

If Monk thinks they controlled that then he''s got real problems there. He is ignoring the fact we deliberately let them have the ball and essentially did what Neil had public ally said we would do in his pre match comments. We did a number on them tactically and I suspect others will adopt the same tactics against them on a regular basis now.

I watched Monk`s full press conference on Youtube and he looked a beaten man bereft of ideas as to why his team were so poor in attacking terms. Tried desperately to defend himself and his teams performance and put a positive spin on it but he just ended up looking lost. I don`t think he grasped the fact that it was a deliberate ploy to let them have the ball and he had been out maneuvered and out thought  by AN. Yes they had 68% possession of the football but they were totally out of ideas with what to do with it against an organised defence when playing slow build up possession football and not a counter attacking game. 68% possession is a great stat until you see that they managed zero shots on target.

Monk`s interview

[quote user="Molly Windley"]I watched Monk`s full press conference on Youtube and he looked a beaten man bereft of ideas as to why his team were so poor in attacking terms. Tried desperately to defend himself and his teams performance and put a positive spin on it but he just ended up looking lost. I don`t think he grasped the fact that it was a deliberate ploy to let them have the ball and he had been out maneuvered and out thought  by AN. Yes they had 68% possession of the football but they were totally out of ideas with what to do with it against an organised defence when playing slow build up possession football and not a counter attacking game. 68% possession is a great stat until you see that they managed zero shots on target.Monk`s interview[/quote]I made a similar point on the Alex Neil = Genius thread from last night. I just wanted to paste it here, because I think it''s relevant. (Basically a long winded way of agreeing 100% with Molly Windley''s post above)Neil certainly is prepared to learn from his mistakes and change - something Hughton could never do.One this is for sure. His Norwich City did a number on Swansea today, in a way they never expected.If anyone has not yet seen the MOTD manager interviews out on the BBC match review, I encourage people to have a listen to Garry Monk.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34686318He actually believes they were the better team and looked the most likely before the goal. He was clearly too wrapped up in passing and possession stats to actually know what was happening!