Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Chelsea and mourinho

we play Chelsea in 2 weeks. So what are everybody''s thoughts.do we want to play them with Mourinho still in charge or better to play them after he is possibly fired. Or will he be let go???

Maybe the game against us will seal his future a loss and he''s gone a win and he stays a little longer

Will be able to watch this match live on a proper tv ( despite being a 3 pm KO).as am in Holland for an Ajax

game.

If Jose is still in charge, i cant think of a better time to play them at the Bridge, tons of pressure on them, we have now proved in the last two games that we can keep it pretty tight, quite looking forward to it......Rogers taking over is surely just paper talk wind up material, his ego is bigger than Jose''s. He has a larger than life portrait of HIMSELF over his fireplace,, beat that for self aggrandisement.

AN probably has a photo of his dog...a real man.

Unless they have a massive turn around, beating Chelsea won''t be that big of a deal. Mourinho must have lost the dressing room as well as his mind. It''s almost like he''s wanting to get fired.

I think in the long term mourinho has lost it, that caneiro thing is quite a big deal in employment terms. But unfortunately in the short term I think the the players and particularly the crowd will rally round him, and we will be incredibly lucky to come away with a point. I still hope for more though.

We need to go there and frustrate them as well as we did for 80 minutes at Man City and for all of the Swansea game. Avoiding conceding an early goal is crucial so that is doesn''t become an ''along come Norwich'' type game. They''re still perfectly capable of scoring 5 or 6, but if we can keep our concentration and shape, we can get something out of the game.

From what I have seen, they will be well up for it. The crowd seem to love him and I am pretty sure will realise that losing to us will probably hasten the end for him- so I expect it to be a very hostile atmosphere and more prickly than normal.

The break may also work in their favour, chance to regroup after some poor games and I expect them to come out all guns blazing and with JM still in charge.

They have also been pretty unlucky in some games and still created a lot of chances- any team with Hazard, Matic, Oscar, Willian and Costa is going to be a very tough proposition, regardless of where they are in the league. I''d be absolutely delighted with a point, but I think it more likely we''ll be at the end of a backlash.

That''s a gloomy prediction Tumbleweed, you of course may be proved right. My take is that Chelsea pile more and more pressure on themselves with each game that passes, that pressure can effect the very best of players and lead to low confidence and below par performances. That plays into our hands and I recon with another disciplined performance and the likes of Redmond and hopefully Jarvis back we could catch them out.

Perhaps it is gloomy, it is not meant that way just how I see it, but I have been to Stamford Bridge a few times and JM seems to know how to generate a siege mentality very effectively. The key now is whether his team still buy into that, or whether the siege is now an internal one. Notwithstanding that, they still have class players who often feed off the crowd, we can get some sort of a result but we should no way assume that because they have had a difficult run it will be any easier than before. But then if Neil Adams can get a 0-0 then hopefully AN can at least match it!!

I agree Tumbleweed, as Sparky said on the weekend after the Stoke game, they are still a top quality side full of class and anyone that forgets that will get punished.