Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Ex loan players

Nice to see some of our ex loan players doing well ,Gibbs and Kane scoring today,looking back we have had some good loan players and some not so good,who would you consider the best and worst of the ex loan players,excluding the ones we signed, Trevor hockey was one of our best loan players and a great character,the worst is more difficult as some were not good for us but went on to be good with their clubs

Thanks for link ,always thought he was on loan as only here for a short spell ,he was a great player .it has to be crouch them , or Bobby bell.

David Nielsen was brilliant whilst on loan. Not so once we actually signed him. Leroy Lita was pretty good for us on loan too and almost single handed kept us up that season. Crouchy was most memorable though. Huckerby has to be the best though!

Worst, well where do you start on that one. I''ll start with Omar Koroma, Elliott Omuzusi (no idea on spelling), Troy Arichibald Henville, John Harston (was so past it and overweight by then) and the French guy from Newcastle who we spent a fortune on wages for. Or pretty much anyone signed by Roeder.

I ended up on a night out with Peter Crouch once. Really nice bloke. He said he loved his time at Norwich and wanted to sign permanently. Apparently we wanted to sign him too, but couldn''t afford him and Hucks at the same time.

Ryan Bertrand, Kieran Gibbs, Harry Kane to name 3 of the more recent loanees here.

David Rocastle, Jan Molby - two of the more trophy ladden players we borrowed.

[quote user="Yellowforever"]Nice to see some of our ex loan players doing well ,Gibbs and Kane scoring today,looking back we have had some good loan players and some not so good,who would you consider the best and worst of the ex loan players,excluding the ones we signed, Trevor hockey was one of our best loan players and a great character,the worst is more difficult as some were not good for us but went on to be good with their clubs[/quote]I may be wrong but did we not sign Trevor Hockey as part of the deal that saw Jimmy Bone go to Sheff Utd ? I do not think he was on loan.