Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

Our Team is VERY Good

Getting ready for the new season. Just thought about our team, and to be perfectly honest, it''s really quite good considering our competition in the championship.

Green

Louis-Jean
Shackell
Fleming
Drury

Jonson
Safri
Francis
Huckerby

Ashton
McKenzie

Subs: Ward, Charlton, Thorne, Jarvis, Henderson/McVeigh

This is a great side and more than worthy of promotion. During our promotion year, our team was (if I remember correctly):

Green

Edworthy
Mackay
Fleming
Drury

McVeigh
Francis
Holt
Mulryne

Huckerby
McKenzie

I think that''s right. I''d argue that our current team is BETTER than the one we won the championship with.

I''m optimistic!

I agree, i think that we will be the team thought that every other team tries to beat if you know what i mean. We will have to wait and see if that is a good or a bad position to be in.

I am to very optomistic, i cant wait!

OTBC

(jarret in for francis though on your team)

Yes but Palace and Soton have teams around the same standard. I think that team has the quality for play offs (which we could win) but with a few quality signings and a bit of depth + hard work and right attitude we could do it automatically

[quote]Getting ready for the new season. Just thought about our team, and to be perfectly honest, it''s really quite good considering our competition in the championship. Green Louis-Jean Shackell Fleming D...[/quote]

1st team squad may be pretty good, but we really haven''t got any strength in depth for injuries and suspensions. Look what happened last year the squad was small, then it got decimated by injuries. When Francis goes, that will only leave us with Jarrett and Safri in the midfield, and Safri will be gone a month for the African Nations Cup and will he play during Ramadam?

I would like three midfielders brought in and a rightback.

Fleming, Hendo, Jarvis and Doherty, Hmm? doesn''t sound that good to me!.

And remember, whilst I agree that one or two of those I mentioned are not first team players, its about strength in depth.

And we ain''t got it!.

Sorry to appear pessimistic, but our team is not VERY good at the moment.  The fact our squad is painfully short of cover worries me, but hopefully this will be addressed soon. At present, I would be very surprised if we were challenging for a top two spot come the end of the season, unless several quality players are added.

The only area I''m confident in is our forwards, clearly there will be goals a plenty from the usual suspects. However, with Francis seemingly moving on soon, the midfield looks bare. Will Jonson perform this season? Can Huckerby learn to cover the defence? Who will play on the right? How long will Safri be unavailable over the season? Will Jarrett be the next Francis? Will McVeigh be here at all? Will we be relying on Hendo, playing out of position, for numerous games? For the moment, I have too many concerns.

I''m less worried about the defence, despite conceding so many goals last season, this is not the Prem and we won''t be up against the same class. But it still lacks cover on the right and someone in the middle to call the shots (like Malky).

Apologies for the negative theme, but we really do need to delve into the market.

[quote]Getting ready for the new season. Just thought about our team, and to be perfectly honest, it''s really quite good considering our competition in the championship. Green Louis-Jean Shackell Fleming D...[/quote]

The team is undoubtedly better than the one that got us promotion.  Ashton, Hucks for all season, Shacks, more mature Greeno, Leon for all of season, Jonson.

I see Worthy is now having trouble getting a fully fit squad ready for, wait for it, Dereham tomorrow.

Oh yes, our team is very good, very good indeed!.   

Don''t panic!.

[quote]The team is undoubtedly better than the one that got us promotion. Ashton, Hucks for all season, Shacks, more mature Greeno, Leon for all of season, Jonson.[/quote]

A few of the players might be better, but the fact is we don''t have enough of them. Last time when we won the league we were VERY fortunate with injuries/suspension, and our lack of depth was not shown up - unlike last season in the Prem, when injuries hit hard, who''s to say the same won''t happen this season? We MUST spend some money, and quickly, before we miss out.

[quote]I see Worthy is now having trouble getting a fully fit squad ready for, wait for it, Dereham tomorrow. Oh yes, our team is very good, very good indeed!. Don''t panic!.[/quote]

1st Wiz - you seem to have a problem with anything I post on here.  Can''t possibly say anything positive about our club, can we?  You must be fun to sit next to at a match!!

[quote]Fleming, Hendo, Jarvis and Doherty, Hmm? doesn''t sound that good to me!. And remember, whilst I agree that one or two of those I mentioned are not first team players, its about strength in depth. An...[/quote]

well, hendo, jarvis, fleming and doherty sound very good to me.

They are capable of doing much more than you possibly could at this level whiz!

id rather have flem and doherty than many other players fellow championship teams have.

We have better players than most, no maybe all teams in this league.

Whiz be happy with what we have got, or would you rather go back a few years and be back to fighting relegation from the champ?

Well I''m not sure if Flem can regain his composure after last season''s hideous performances, but Doherty is an excellent player and needs time to build up a partnership and flourish.

He''s got a bad rep but I feel did not do much wrong last season. Why does no-one like him?