Sign in to follow this  

Now free agent, worth looking at ?

Swansea City have parted company with Spanish forward Michu by mutual consent.

Both parties have reached a financial agreement over the remainder of the 29-year-old’s contract, which ran until the end of this season, and he will now become a free agent.

Michu, who joined from Rayo Vallecano in July 2012, scored 28 goals in 67 appearances for the Swans.

He hasn''t played for them since April 2014, has been on loan at Napoli last season, and only played 6 times.Thats a "no" from me.

He''s been absolutely plagued by ankle injuries for 18 months. Sadly, I think any hope of getting the Michu from the 2012/13 season would be highly fanciful at best.

Can we buy him and send him out on loan with Ricky so they can keep each other company?

Reported wages of £40,000 per week and only made five appearances for Napoli last season. You can see why Swansea were keen to cut their losses.

It''s interesting how Swansea pay far, far greater wages than we do. Bony I am reliably informed actually took a slight wage reduction to sign for Man City. Ayew apparently is on excess of 100k a week, which is why West Ham didn''t look to sign him.

I know they''ve banked huge sums from the Joe Allen and Bony deals but that''s still a lot of money when you are also completely renovating your training ground as well.

That isnt a critcism of our board by the way. I wouldnt want us to pay those kinds of wages. Instead It''s why these Garry Monk rumours may have legs - relegation simply isn''t an option for them.

Swansea have established themselves in the premier league so obviously can pay better wages than Norwich, so not really interesting at all

The guy had one good season and then turned into a really bad egg.

He had no interest in playing for Swansea when other clubs came calling.

A great player when fully fit and played in a system which benefits him most... But he''s passed it now and would probably upset the dressing room.

There''s a reason Swansea let him go.