Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Clubs that you shouldn't really hate as much as you do

Aside from an obvious dislike of Ipswich do other posters have clubs that they (somewhat irrationally) cannot stand.

Personally, I cannot stand West Ham and this idea of the ''West Ham way'' - it physically sickens me. I also really irrationally dislike Swindon for the way they celebrated a late equaliser against us in League One like they''d just won the European Cup.

Interested to see what other posters come up with or if I am just getting bitter in middle age!

Chelsea for me.The epitome of how football was ruined forever by money. A lot of awful fans too.

[quote user="lowlyfendweller"]Palace for me, that''s quite rational Morty, do have another less reasonable one?[/quote]Not really, used to have a bit of a dislike for Everton, after they wrongly accused Norwich or racist chanting.Oh and Leeds, obviously. Worst fans I have ever sen at Carrow Road.

Palace is an excellent shout. Absolutely terrible to get to, horrendous view from that Arthur Waite stand with scandalous pricing. Our pricing was also scandalous when they came here in August but at least you can bloody see the game!

I''ve never liked Everton and Coventry after our relegation in 1985, the racist slur thing just re-emphasised my dislike for the former. Chelsea is an easy one, too - they are pretty local to where I live and let''s just say some of them aren''t the nicest....on the pitch, too - for all the £ hundreds of millions spent, they are really rather disappointingly drab to watch.

everton for me for our 85 relegation  - and my equally irrational hatred of scousers.

Liverpool and Manchester United. Both have always had a plethora of "supporters" that have never even been to the cities that these teams call home, let alone watched them play any where but on the tv. I''ve heard that you''re never more than 10 meters away from a Manchester United fan, just like rats.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Gateshead, and with good reason.[/quote]Whats the reason?[/quote]
Football Manager.
Took them from the conference to winning the Premier League. Sacked me when I got knocked out of Champions League the following season.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Gateshead, and with good reason.[/quote]Whats the reason?[/quote]
Football Manager.
Took them from the conference to winning the Premier League. Sacked me when I got knocked out of Champions League the following season.
[/quote]Ouch[:(]

Man Utd for me.

The season (1992?) when we were top of the league in March and they beat us at Carrow Road and ended our change of winning the league.

I''ll never get over the huge numbers of their supporters from goodness knows where (including Norfolk) celebrating in the Barcley and South stands. The one and only chance we will ever have of winning the Premiership and there was the glory hunters giving it large while I was absolutely gutted.

I''ll hate them forever for that.

Wolves used to be on my list because of Kevin Muscat and ''that tackle''. In addition, to the hospitality which they gave us at Molinuex after the second leg of the play off semi final in 2002.

However, apathy seems to have now crept into me over that one for some reason. Possibly because we''ve barely played them in recent years as we both seem to love pinballing through the divisions at different times.

Stoke.

I hate them. I hate Charlie Adams, after watching him dive everytime anyone went near him under Pullis to try and win a dead ball.

I hate Shawcross who is the epitome of all things awful about English central defenders.

An absolutely shocking style of play, even under Hughes, that should be consigned to history.

And Stoke is a dump. And their fans are cr@p.

And don''t get me started on stripy red shirts. I don''t like any team that wears that.

All for various different reasons, and varying levels of dislike but in no particular order, I rather dislike the following:

Villa

Newcastle

Liverpool

Brighton

QPR

Leeds

Forest

Bristol City

And on the other hand I have a soft spot for Yeovil, Crewe, Bristol Rovers...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]everton for me for our 85 relegation  - and my equally irrational hatred of scousers.[/quote]

This plus wolves , obviously Ipswich , Man U , for the reasons already stated about fans who rant on about " their club" but never been anywhere near the ground .

Probably most arrational Villa ,,, and any others who play in that awful combination of colours !!!

QPR for the way they have been run over the past few seasons financially- a disaster. Fans always seem angry as well.

Leeds-fans always boasting about how great they are yet they barely fill half the stadium and this has gone on for several seasons.

Any team that barely fills their stadium yet brings thousands to Old Trafford for a cup game then tell everyone what great supporters they are.