Sign in to follow this  
The Young One

PinkUn = Too many adverts

I,m getting fed up everytime I look on the pinkun all I get is adverts causing slow loading, talk about advertising overkill. Adverts are all over the place, think I will give up on this website .Anyone else feel the same or is it just me?I know they need revenue to keep the website free but overkill springs to mind, if it bugs me and pushes me to leave and others, companies will no longer want to advertise or reduce the rate they pay according to viewers.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Any pages in particular as site is loading instantly for me.Cheers.[/quote]Yeah, but some of us have still got ZX 81''s[:D]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Making Plans"]If you use Firefox or Chrome then install AdBlock Plus as an add-on.No more adverts, anywhere![/quote]What they said. [Y][Y][Y][/quote]^^^Wot he said

Pages are loading very quickly for me and the adverts are only at the top of the page for me and don''t bother me tbh

I''m often on here with my mobile and I find that I''ll click on the link/thread I want but in the time it''s taken me to do that an advert has finally decided to load at the top of the screen and bopped everything down a bit so I click on completely the wrong thing. Irritating!

[quote user="im spartacus"]Yeah I keep getting adverts for ladyboys and erection pumps I am getting fed up with it !!!!![/quote]It''s a well known fact that companies like Google track your browsing history and then direct suitable ads your way sparto.Can''t be many ladyboys in Lowestoft though. [:O]

T''Internet is an unbearable windup without Adblock, younger family member was watching me sift thro the ads before watching a game online, a couple of years back, He took over , loaded adblock and Lo...all was good.

This is NOT an advert for Adblock, just a satisfied user.

im spartacus wrote:

Yeah I keep getting adverts for ladyboys and erection pumps I am getting fed up with it !!!!!

Is that because a pump isnt necessary when you see a Ladyboy Sparty?

[quote user="lappinitup"]Can''t be many ladyboys in Lowestoft though. [:O][/quote]Hang on a minute though, just remembered something!In the past Waveney has called himself  ''Marvin Fairlady'', ''Ellie Goulding'', ''Stiflers Mom'' and ''Miss Bum Bum'', and he''s from Lowestoft. Might be worth a PM. Good luck. [Y]

" Marvin Fairlady" wasn''t that Bor''s professional name when he was in the ring grappling with Adrain Street in a crotchlock?

On the forums there''s just one ad at the top. It''s hardly OTT. Only negative is the order the page is loaded in is fucking irritating. That alongside the fact the div holding the ad doesnt apply its size until the ad is displayed means on some tablets and phones you load the forum, go to tap a thread and because the ads loaded in the meantime its pushed everything down and you tap the completely wrong thread.
Which is generally how I end up on an LDC thread, coincidentally.