Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Kei Kamara or RVW?

[quote user="ruthers1"]Kei Kamara or RVW?

Unemployed, retired or retarded Lapps?

Whatever it is you''ve got too much time on your hands.[/quote]
Says the idiot consistently proven wrong on here despite his little coaching qualification, who then replied to the thread...

[quote user="ruthers1"]

Unemployed, retired or retarded Lapps? [/quote]There is some irony in there i am sure Smudger. [;)]

One goal apiece I believe in the league so they''ll be even Stevens. I suppose Kei made a bigger impact but he''s no Mbokani!

Kei Kamara all day long. First player from Sierra Leone to score in the premier league. Also scored 1 in 11 as opposed to 1 in 23.

simply no enough qulaity in Kamara.Only his Fitnes help him.Ricky is different class by far but problem is after too long bad spell his confidence gone and without confidence no chanse to shine any forward in PL.On paper RVW was great signing as I never remember \may be Thomas Helveg\ we ever to bring from top Europe club who is Sporting top name.

[quote user="ron obvious"]And Wes stole his second goal![/quote]

Yes I remember - at Sunderland wasn''t it?

Given how narrow the margins were , I think if we''d kept Kei and started him and he''d kept fit, we''d have stayed up. A limited footballer but he made things happen unlike RVW or Elmander. I remember Hghton playing him on the wing and he made a decent stab at it despite it being completely not his natural position.

Kamara.

I''m still bewildered by how RVW has made a career in the top leagues! I would pick Aaron Wilbraham ahead of him in the PL every single time.

If he isn''t given acres of space by defences and isn''t playing with exceptional attacking midfielders he doesn''t even look like a footballer at times.

Kamara is a slightly worse footballer but puts himself about physically so much more which just gives him the edge for me. Neither are even Championship level strikers, I''m happy for Kamara to get his chance in England but the fact we''ve shelled out over 10 million on these two in the past few years is sickening.

If either was born in England they''d hyave struggled to make a professional career, think how much worse RVW would be for example if he hadn''t even had his Dutch youth coaching!

It''s noteworthy that one of the many excuses we (and I very much include myself) made for RVW''s lack of impact was that he needed time to acclimatise to the English game, such as it is, yet Mbokani has adapted to the demands of the Premier League almost seamlessly.

Even KK did that too, in his own way.

Different styles indeed, but same game.