Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

AN wants more muscle

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich_city_boss_alex_neil_targets_extra_muscle_in_january_window_for_the_premier_league_push_1_4310906

AN wants more stature and muscle. I guess we will now see the end of Russ Martin playing CB. Its just a more subtle way of saying it. Happy days.

But the again, Olsson and Whittaker are not known for their strengh in duels in the box, losing headers at will, etc. How many defensive changes will AN do in January?

Muscle doesn''t improve your defensive awareness around the box, if your two metres away from the bloke your supposed to be picking up it doesn''t matter how big you are.

My son used to play for a team captained by a bloke who was 6''4" of solid muscle (unfortunately that included his head). He was easily outjumped by the RB, who was 5''5".

Just look at the stats, they tell you all you need to know.Average height of all other Premier League teams = 6ft 3insAverage height of NCFC = 6ft 3ins (allowing for not including Wes)If you add us to the whole of the Premier League it brings the average to 6ft 3ins. If you factor in the heatmap (we all know that heat rises so it is relevent) then you can see that AN is being his usual meticulous self. [:)]

[quote user="grefstad"]http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich_city_boss_alex_neil_targets_extra_muscle_in_january_window_for_the_premier_league_push_1_4310906

AN wants more stature and muscle. I guess we will now see the end of Russ Martin playing CB. Its just a more subtle way of saying it. Happy days.

But the again, Olsson and Whittaker are not known for their strengh in duels in the box, losing headers at will, etc. How many defensive changes will AN do in January?[/quote]The even more subtle message was in the last paragraph. Not just muscle but intelligence and tactical awareness.

Is this just the Pink''uns usual blown out of proportion reporting to say that Sir AN has joined a gym?

Noticed Norwich are joint 17th in the Premier for average height. Differences are small though, since it is averages.

The interesting is the first XI though, not the squad averages.

http://talksport.com/football/premier-league-sides-ranked-average-height-smallest-tallest-2015-151111173784?p=19

Now, height is not everything, nor muscle, as Man C is one of the smallest teams in the league.

What matters is WHERE the muscle and the height is, on the pitch, and here we could do with more height at CB, I think.

As for fullbacks, pace is more important, but I would argue that for CB´s, height and strength will never be unfashionable.

Height has nothing to do with muscle. I assume you''re talking about upper body strength which is far more important than many people give credit. Hucks was awesome because he had both pace and upper body strength. He wasn''t 6'' though and his ability in the air was, let''s say not his strongest suit. But just imagine if he''d had that too...

[quote user="AJ"]I saw him score a header once Nutty![/quote]

Is it on video? You should send it to him :)

Did anybody see Big Dunc score with his foot?

If you want to know more about Alex''s hopes for the January transfer window then you need to be in the Top of the Terrace at Carrow Road on Dec 9th , doors open at 7pm

Sorry for going a bit off topic but a girl has to do what a girl has to do lol

[quote user="cityangel"]If you want to know more about Alex''s hopes for the January transfer window then you need to be in the Top of the Terrace at Carrow Road on Dec 9th , doors open at 7pm

Sorry for going a bit off topic but a girl has to do what a girl has to do lol[/quote]We know that CA, but do you have to do it in public?[;)]

ha ha OldRobert,

Getting back on track I do hope we get a couple of players in when the window opens although the Jan prices are always over inflated.

I''d like a centre back first please

I remember Hucks scoring a header, although I think it might actually have come off his shoulder.

Worst player in the air I ever saw was Mark Rivers though.