Sign in to follow this  
Number9

Never known a night like it.....

NCFC V Chelsea, some long forgotten cup game.

Fog stopped the game. Later saw Clive Thomas the ref after the game in, I seem to recall in a fish and chip shop, he kindly explained his reason for stopping the game. Could you imagine any ref today after a game doing that.

That was when the game was still for working class, and not all about money......I still long for those days

You would see the city players having tea in the Top Ten cafe near the station. Jim Oliver working in a builders yard during the summer........oh well.

More recently v Bradford or Bristol I think it was when we all got struck by lightning and whats his name, Marc Tierney cartwheeled in the dark waiting for the floodlights to come back on.

The little uns loved it.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]NCFC V Chelsea, some long forgotten cup game.

Fog stopped the game.
Later saw Clive Thomas the ref after the game in, I seem to recall in a fish and chip shop, he kindly explained his reason for stopping the game. Could you imagine any ref today after a game doing that.

That was when the game was still for working class, and not all about money......I still long for those days

You would see the city players having tea in the Top Ten cafe near the station. Jim Oliver working in a builders yard during the summer........oh well.[/quote]Hardly a long forgotten game Bradwell.Explaining why he called it off ? [:$] [:D]

Sorry Bradwell the ref for the League Cup semi ( both abandoned &replay) was Gordon Hill. Clive Thomas, who had played for us as a youth only refereed us once.. The night we clinched promotion at Leyton Orient

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]NCFC V Chelsea, some long forgotten cup game.

Fog stopped the game. Later saw Clive Thomas the ref after the game in, I seem to recall in a fish and chip shop, he kindly explained his reason for stopping the game. Could you imagine any ref today after a game doing that.

You would see the city players having tea in the Top Ten cafe near the station. Jim Oliver working in a builders yard during the summer........oh well.[/quote]

Remember the Chelsea game, we followed a convoy of cars on the Norwich to Bungay road, couldn''t see a thing, we all followed the lead car and ended up in his farm yard !

[quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="Bradwell canary"]NCFC V Chelsea, some long forgotten cup game.

You would see the city players having tea in the Top Ten cafe near the station. Jim Oliver working in a builders yard during the summer........oh well.[/quote]

Remember the Chelsea game, we followed a convoy of cars on the Norwich to Bungay road, couldn''t see a thing, we all followed the lead car and ended up in his farm yard ![/quote]The old ones are the best![;)]

[quote user="Bor"]Definitely September ''63, I remember having to nail the outside privy door shut to stop it banging all night and keeping the street awake.[/quote][8]  It might as well rain until September. [8]

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="Bradwell canary"]NCFC V Chelsea, some long forgotten cup game.

Remember the Chelsea game, we followed a convoy of cars on the Norwich to Bungay road, couldn''t see a thing, we all followed the lead car and ended up in his farm yard ![/quote]The old ones are the best![;)][/quote]

True story !

When we won away at Portsmouth to gain promotion. Drove to the match, but couldn''t resist ''celebrating'' ended up booking in the travel lodge for the night ! http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/emoticons/emotion-22.gif

When they built the new fancy electronic (wow) scoreboard at Stamford bridge I remember it only as being like a giant umbrella with one midweek game everybody trying to huddle under it to get at least some kind of shelter from the rain, , I''d have prefered it if they''d have invested in a roof. Cardiff was always an interesting day out as well, such a pleasant walk to the ground.