Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

James Chester

Seems he is after first team football to be ready for the euros like Lafferty. Perhaps there is an opportunity here for us to step in? Decent and strong defender. Yes WBA are seemingly our new parent club but if anything, that will help our cause in this case.

He can''t come on loan because of wisdom so would that rule of playing for 3 teams come in like it did with ben arfa?

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I don''t think he''s that much better than we have, and we should be aiming higher.However there is no reason he couldn''t come on loan. Wisdom is here on loan from Liverpool, not West Brom.[/quote]

Don''t we have two on loan? I thought two was the limit for domestic long term loans in the Prem.

I think he''d be a great player. Hull fans were laughing at us because they said we had bought the wrong player (including on twitter and forums) in Brady and should''ve bought Chester; they were gutted to see him go.

Surprised he''s only played about 1 game for them, but once Pulis has a settled back 4, he''s not likely to change it.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I don''t think he''s that much better than we have, and we should be aiming higher.However there is no reason he couldn''t come on loan. Wisdom is here on loan from Liverpool, not West Brom.[/quote]

Don''t we have two on loan? I thought two was the limit for domestic long term loans in the Prem.[/quote]Ahh, yes. That''s true.To loan another player from an English club, we''d need to make either Wisdom or Jarvis permanent first.

Yes. Well spotted.

A realistic target for us and I think him quite a considerable improvement upon what we have.

I cannot see Albion willing to unload a player that they reportedly paid £8m for a few months ago though, whether by loan or by sale. His career there is in it''s infancy, and destined to progress, one way or another.

As someone mentioned this could be a case of the playing for 3 clubs rule kicking in. He did move at the end of July so wouldn''t have played a league game for Hull but the rules state can only play for 2 clubs in "official fifa games" but can sign for 3 clubs in a season. Does anyone know if they include friendlies under official fifa games?

Would be a good signing and would definitely add much needed quality/competition to that centre back area. Can''t see West Brom selling to us and if they did they would want to recoup at least the £8 million they paid for him. Although Pulis doesn''t seem to fancy him that much.