Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Brady tonight

Must be one of the best £7m investments ever made(by us). His price must be going up with every game. If he keeps this kind of form may be difficult to hold on to him.

If we are relagated, then it goes without saying he will be gone.

A contention for player of the season already, great investment for us

Easily my favourite player so far this season.Perhaps if we get relegated and Hull come up we can do a swap with Snoddy?[;)]

It is interesting the point made above about his game time at left wing (his most natural position) in those games, against West Ham and Swansea, he has arguably been man of the match in both. He scored with a great finish against West Ham and had the shot which led to the goal against the Swans. He also scored playing further forward for Ireland on Friday night.

He covered manfully at left back and has proved that he can defend really well too, but I think the combo of Olsson/ Brady down the left is our best option, with Jarvis as a good back up.

For the record, I also believe he would be superb in the Wes role. If we can hold on to Brady, he could be the long term successor.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]and to think that people on this site were slagging him off during the summer, saying he wasn''t worth the money![/quote]
How unusual for the usual suspects on this forum to be completely wrong about a player!

Pabs.....''''For the record, I also believe he would be superb in the Wes role. If we can hold on to Brady, he could be the long term successor. ''''

Robbie Brady played at no 10 for a lot of his Schoolboy/youth career, i know some lads that played against him as a 14 yr old, they reckoned(at the time) he was the best they had ever played against. If we can keep hold of him, then he could mature into our next Mid Maestro . Last night he pulled off a great bit of skill in advanced midfield, sliding a lovely ball into Shane Long, slightly over hit for the just back from injury Long but it was a snapshot of what he can do. The Lad is versatile, skillful and pacey.....and can defend, whats not to like?

We only paid around the same( give or take a mill or two) as what we got for Bradders or Snoddy, IMHO we did good business there.

We got him though, didnt we? S bruce can go and say whatever he likes, play his son whatever his form, look less and less like an ex footballer and generally hyper tension himself out of existence as far as i care.

Now, now.......

Let''s show a bit of respect to a former player who gave tremendous service to this club, and earned it a pretty penny.....

W Cork

"We got him though, didnt we? S bruce can go and say whatever he likes, play his son whatever his form, look less and less like an ex footballer and generally hyper tension himself out of existence as far as i care".

And they say W Cork is laid back and a place apart, more like cross me and I will tear you apart ! Not a Bruce fan then WC ?

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]We got him though, didnt we? S bruce can go and say whatever he likes, play his son whatever his form, look less and less like an ex footballer and generally hyper tension himself out of existence as far as i care.[/quote]We sure did but a bit of class along the way would''ve been nice.

The only lack of class was from Hull who tried to play the whole transfer out in public to maximise profits. Remember they were rumoured to be after 15m when we began enquiries. Hull going public probably forced the price down as they realised we were the only bidders and no one else was stepping up. Us being willing to stick to our guns and negotiate is why we got him for what looks more and more like a bargain price every time he plays. Look at other similar sales of far inferior players at that time shows we did it the right way whether you think it lacked class or not. Hull themselves sold Tom Ince for 5m who is good in the championship but made no impact in the premier and we got 6m for Bradley Johnson who both again never made a real impact in the premier. 6/7m which we have paid looks great business next to those and many other transfers.

Back to Brady though and his impact this season has been huge for us, he is comfortable in so many roles and hasn''t once looked out of place whether left back, left wing or right wingback. To top it off he ended up playing the Wes role for Ireland the other night. It takes real quality to adapt your position so consistently and shows what a balanced all round player he is. He seems equally comfortable making a last ditch tackle and one on one defending as he does playing quick one twos, taking his man on and having a strike at goal. Starting to see why Hull thought he was worth 15m myself.

Jeez, Steve Bruce only 24 LC? in that case i take it all back.....Nah, dont like him , never have. Wasnt a bad player but as a Manager..........meh.

''''We sure did but a bit of class along the way would''ve been nice.''''........and Smith must.....

Class from him would have been nicer, washing dirty linen in public is never a pretty sight, something he has done on more than one occasion in order to get what he wanted.

I think history is being rewritten in some of these posts.

My understanding of the situation based on the numerous reports I have seen is that we opens matters with a £2 million bid. Hull rejected this saying that they wanted an offer of £7 - 8 million.

We then spent around a month or so putting in offers in to Hull which were rejected before eventually giving them the price they wanted all along. We were slightly fortunate that another club didn''t try and gazump us during that time.

I think Brady has been a terrific purchase and he''s already worth well in excess of what we paid for him if he maintains his current form. However, to say we outflanked Hull in the transfer market is fanciful. They got exactly thr price they wanted for him.