Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

predictions for chelsea

I am worried about the next game.

We so often seem to be the end of other clubs poor runs and Chelsea are due to kick into gear sooner rather than later. The talent there is not insignificant.

Now factor in our terrible defence and I fear a re-run of Newcastle proportions.

Chelsea 6- Norwich 1

I *really* hope I am wrong

Your opening post has made this meat and drink to attract the Nancy Negatives as opposed to the Percy Positives. [:(]

I can see us grinding out another win, nothing fancy, a very defensive game and trying to score from the counter.

Fingers crossed we stick with a strong back four. For me i''d like to see Wisdom, Bennett, Bassong, Olsson at the back, with Mulumbu and Tettey sitting just infront

1-0 to NCFC

And if by magic Tilly one appears.

I to have a bad feeling he will recall Martin into the team and the outcome will be obvious.

Yip I see the next few games to be morale sapping and the pressure on Neil to go will intensify

It will be interesting to see if he goes with 3 CBs like ManC or keeps a back 4.  Having got the tactics spot on for ManC and Swansea, this is another tricky one - you''ve got to respect the talent Chelsea have but equally, they have been underperforming hugely.  Let''s hope we don''t let them turn the corner !

My guess is that we''ll get a draw.

If we can score first it could prove an interesting afternoon.  I''m going for 1-1.

Some of the comments here remind me of the pre-Southampton optimism. We''ll have done extremely well if we scrape a draw here, but realistically I fear a defeat by a two goal margin.

If we can keep Willian and Hazard quiet and not allow Fabregas any time on the ball to pick one of his passes, we may get something out of it.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]

Some of the comments here remind me of the pre-Southampton optimism. We''ll have done extremely well if we scrape a draw here, but realistically I fear a defeat by a two goal margin.

If we can keep Willian and Hazard quiet and not allow Fabregas any time on the ball to pick one of his passes, we may get something out of it.

[/quote]

Realistically when you''re playing away at any of the big teams you are doing well to get anything.  But Chelsea are currently below us in the table with 11 points from 12 games, which for the PL champions is an awful start to the season.  And last time we went there, we got a draw.  So there are grounds for optimism going in - as there were when we were playing Soton.  But if we don''t turn up like that game, we''ll be in trouble.

The recent defensive improvement leads me to hope that we are not in for a massacre, but as it has done by weakening our scoring potential I can''t see us scoring more than one goal, if we score at all.

The best I can hope for is 1-1, but I think that it could be 0-2, as Chelsea are due to come good.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]I am worried about the next game.

We so often seem to be the end of other clubs poor runs and Chelsea are due to kick into gear sooner rather than later. The talent there is not insignificant.

Now factor in our terrible defence and I fear a re-run of Newcastle proportions.

Chelsea 6- Norwich 1

I *really* hope I am wrong[/quote]

6-1 is 80/1 on Bet365. That''s massive buddy. If you''re serious I hope you had a small investment...

Redders Right Foot needs all the help he can get on Rays Funds this week where he has a tenner to spend to try and raise money for the Norwich City Downes Syndrome Team. If you guys are serious with your suggestions you''re more than welcome to post them on this week''s thread for him. Rays Funds is not an exclusive club. It''s inclusive of all posters and we love new posters to the thread.

The best indicator is the Man City performance, another display like that and a draw is very much within our grasp. I like to be an optimist about these games, we have plenty going for us here.

Reminds me a bit of the Man U game a couple of seasons back when we went there live on TV when Giggs was in temp charge and them seemingly in all sorts of trouble. We were awful and got mashed 4-1.

While Chelsea are in trouble, just can''t see much room for realistically predicting a win- our defence while looking a bit more solid is still not up to scratch so anyone predicting us not to concede or only 1 is hoping against the evidence I fear.

Nor do I think we''ll get battered however, and I think with Mbokani and Brady or Hoolahan in form we have a good chance of a goal, but I reckon a 3-1 to them is about where its at.

Head says another 3-1 defeat, I think it''ll be close as per Man City, but last quarter they will add the third!

Would love to get a win, that would be a season result for me.

Well we are going to lose which is to be expected whether it is 1-0 or 8-0 we come away with nothing, the games where we dropped all the points in the last 3 months are what mattered and we blew it.

[quote user="daly"]Well we are going to lose which is to be expected whether it is 1-0 or 8-0 we come away with nothing, the games where we dropped all the points in the last 3 months are what mattered and we blew it.[/quote]

It''s eerie how similar this is to the opinion of another poster on this thread.  I wonder why that could be?

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Reminds me a bit of the Man U game a couple of seasons back when we went there live on TV when Giggs was in temp charge and them seemingly in all sorts of trouble. We were awful and got mashed 4-1. While Chelsea are in trouble, just can''t see much room for realistically predicting a win- our defence while looking a bit more solid is still not up to scratch so anyone predicting us not to concede or only 1 is hoping against the evidence I fear. Nor do I think we''ll get battered however, and I think with Mbokani and Brady or Hoolahan in form we have a good chance of a goal, but I reckon a 3-1 to them is about where its at.[/quote]

Did I miss Mourinho getting sacked and a legendary ex-player being put in temporary charge at Chelsea ?

ps being serious I was at that game, and they had just sacked a manager who had never clicked at the club and put one of their legends in temporary charge, and the atmosphere of relief around the ground was palpable, there was definitely a feeling that the fans wanted to get behind the team and the team wanted to show what they could do.  So while they had been in trouble, there was definitely a feeling that they''d turned the corner.  Which hopefully doesn''t apply to Chelsea. 

Mourinho''s lost the dressing room and the longer it stays at 0-0 the more anxious the crowd will get.2-0 City.. We will be the final nail in Jose''s Coffin I think...

We''ll set up very defensively, but still concede, due to another Ruddy half-mistake, and will have to open our game up to chase an equaliser, putting it all in the hands of Hazard to nail it with 2-0 and 3-0.

Prediction: 3-0 loss

You''re a cheerful bunch tonight, i reckon we''ll play well, draw, maybe even sneak the win. Mbokani can be crucial in this game, the Chelsea defense know little about him and as we have seen in a short time he can ''do stuff''.... and has presence.

A draw would be a very decent result for us and still potentially see Jose sacked. 1-1 my prediction.

The guy in today''s Metro was going for 1-0 City - and they seem to think 12-1 for it being Jose''s final game is a decent bet...here''s hoping they are right on the former, I really couldn''t care less about the latter!

I''m hoping our defence will be solid tomorrow, with the three centre backs, so I can see us geting a 1-0 or even 2-0 win there.  If we manage to get one up and force Chelea to come at us, they could get caught on the break and let us in again.

I think we are in with a chance of getting something. We were so close at Man City, Chelsea''s current plight might help us too. The longer we can frustrate them the more open they''ll get to a counter and with Brady and Redmond on the flanks I could fancy us nicking all three points - but I''d be happy with a draw.

All I ask for tomorrow is an honest performance from the players. Commit, as at the Etihad, and as loss will be fine; perform like we did at St Marys and it wont be.

I am hoping that Chelsea continue to mis-fire and we take something from the game, which is well within OUR capabilities; the reality is that at some stage the talent at their disposal will click and re-discover their form and will get a big win. Fingers crossed that point is still a couple of weeks away yet.

Prince of Darkness wrote the following post at 20/11/2015 1:53 PM:

One prediction I can make with certainty is that if we get beat I will be on here like a bat out of hell moaning like a ***

Which of course you are 👍