Sign in to follow this  
Erik the Viking

Investment

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]By activity I meant that to mean completed transfers of course.Unless someone comes in on loan there''s no way of knowing what a '' second rater '' is until you''ve parted with the dosh but happily over the years I''ve supported Norwich they''ve made tens of millions surplus on player sales. The RVW fiasco was unfortunate and must go down in history as one of the duds but I would hope that hasn''t made the Board too cautious. This is a good time for NCFC. We have a good manager and a good squad that does need strengthening and I only hope we make this opportunity count.

[/quote]Well unless they''ve been fibbing for years, this is not what the annual accounts reveal. Outgoing transfer fees are pretty much balanced by incoming fees. I agree however that this is indeed a good time and without evidence to the contrary I believe McNally when he says that all spare cash will be spent on football. In they end you have to trust that they are doing the best for the club.[/quote]

I''m not thinking of the end of year accounts. More simply over the last 50 years or so we''ve bought for '' X '' and sold for '' Y '' which often resulted in a paper profit. That may explain why I''m not an accountant. [:D]I have to agree with you that we have to trust them to do the best for NCFC. I think they do.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Highland Canary"]It is clear that rich owners are needed to retain premier league status or at least to mitigate the financial risk of relegation. Unfortunately, it was our failure in the Summer transfer window that will most likely cost us our premier league status this season. Players would have come had we the necessary financial muscle to make them a sufficiently attractive offer. Sadly, this not currently the case. Indeed, with the derogation of FFP our chances of a return to the PL will also be materially reduced. It will be interesting to discover at the AGM whether the need for new external capital features on the CEO''s strategic wheel this year.[/quote]Look at point 6 in the resolutions up for proposal at the AGM. You don''t have to be a financial expert to read between the lines.[/quote]I think resolutions 5 and 6 are renewals of existing capabilities. That is not to say there isn''t anything in the offing (perhaps a question will be asked...[;)]), but it may just be a formal procedure.