Sign in to follow this  
Erik the Viking

Investment

[quote user="Vanwink"]The investors are there, it''s more a question of how hard the club is prepared to look and whether it''s really a high priority for the Board. Without decent additional investment there will be no long term success in the Premier league,it''s only the teams with big investors that will be able to compete there.

The long term could well see an arrangement of no relegation from the Premier League, which without big money backers we will not be in.

If that is the way football progresses then I''m sure I would want to be in the top flight anyway[/quote]

I have long believed that this is the most likely future, Vanwick.[Y]

True ambition ''died'' when Smith and Jones took total control at City.

Although the happy clappers brigade will hate this, ''prudence'' now comes first under their near dictatorship.

Nice to see you back to your old self on here Wiz. Oh how I''ve missed you stirring the pot and demeaning those with a different view. All we need now is for you to follow up with the victim card and a massive girly flounce.

If we don''t have ambition then which ones of our contempories do?

[quote user="Wiz"]True ambition ''died'' when Smith and Jones took total control at City.

Although the happy clappers brigade will hate this, ''prudence'' now comes first under their near dictatorship.[/quote]
Oh dearie me.
Okay then Wiz, lets try this. Lets pretend you are in Delias position, remembering she has been a fan as long, if not longer than you. Do you hand the keys over to some Johnny foreigner, who has no interest in Norwich City and walk away whistling?
Or do you have an alternative plan you would like to enlighten us with?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Nice to see you back to your old self on here Wiz. Oh how I''ve missed you stirring the pot and demeaning those with a different view. All we need now is for you to follow up with the victim card and a massive girly flounce.

If we don''t have ambition then which ones of our contempories do?[/quote]

What gets me Nutty is that you''ve supported City years and years, but still you deny the evidence of your own eyes.

When Smith and Jones took over it herald in the prudence with ambition era, most accept this fact.

Hence cheap manager choices and failed transfer targets .

Hell, we just got lucky with Lambert and AN.

And I would argue that ''unlucky'' Bournemouth and Swansea harbour more ambition than us

Go on Wiz ''argue'' it then................

Lucky twice with managers in the last 6 years? Wow, some Clubs would feel over the moon if that had happened once in the last 6 years. The Gods are truly smiling down on us..................

[quote user="Wiz"]True ambition ''died'' when Smith and Jones took total control at City.[/quote]Lol Wiz! [:D]If you felt we were ambitious up to that point, why did you go wheel to hoof with that police horse to get Chase out? [*-)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]True ambition ''died'' when Smith and Jones took total control at City.

Although the happy clappers brigade will hate this, ''prudence'' now comes first under their near dictatorship.[/quote]
Oh dearie me.
Okay then Wiz, lets try this. Lets pretend you are in Delias position, remembering she has been a fan as long, if not longer than you. Do you hand the keys over to some Johnny foreigner, who has no interest in Norwich City and walk away whistling?
[/quote]

My first game was in 1957 morty, she followed some other team back then!

And I have no issues regarding foreign owners........they''re not all crooks you know.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]True ambition ''died'' when Smith and Jones took total control at City.

Oh dearie me.
[/quote]

And I have no issues regarding foreign owners........they''re not all crooks you know.[/quote]
No she didnt support Ipswich, that story has proved to be nonsense.
No, and they arent all football saviours either.
So your answer is flog the club onto some foreign owner who is desperate to own Norwich City. Do you have a name at all, or are you just assuming there is a big queue of random billionaires waiting in the wings?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]True ambition ''died'' when Smith and Jones took total control at City.[/quote]Lol Wiz! [:D]If you felt we were ambitious up to that point, why did you go wheel to hoof with that police horse to get Chase out? [*-)][/quote]

You left out European football and our highest top flight finish achieved under him Lapps

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]True ambition ''died'' when Smith and Jones took total control at City.[/quote]Lol Wiz! [:D]If you felt we were ambitious up to that point, why did you go wheel to hoof with that police horse to get Chase out? [*-)][/quote]

You left out European football and our highest top flight finish achieved under him Lapps[/quote]
And you left out flogging any decent player we had and dropping out of the Premiership just when the money was getting big, condemning us to some dark years.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]True ambition ''died'' when Smith and Jones took total control at City.[/quote]Lol Wiz! [:D]If you felt we were ambitious up to that point, why did you go wheel to hoof with that police horse to get Chase out? [*-)][/quote]

You left out European football and our highest top flight finish achieved under him Lapps[/quote]Are you now saying it was a mistake to get him out Wiz? Do you think he would have turned it round?

Apparently Wiz doesn''t behave like this with "The Posting Dead" on the other forum....

Which ones Wiz? The binners? Derby? Forest? Wednesday? Middlesbrough? Birmingham? Wolves? Blackburn? Bolton? Coventry?

I can only name Southampton of one of our contempories who could possibly have shown more ambition than us.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]True ambition ''died'' when Smith and Jones took total control at City.

Oh dearie me.
[/quote]

And I have no issues regarding foreign owners........they''re not all crooks you know.[/quote]
So your answer is flog the club onto some foreign owner who is desperate to own Norwich City. Do you have a name at all, or are you just assuming there is a big queue of random billionaires waiting in the wings?
[/quote]

I may be wrong here but I think it was Spurs, because Wynnie did .......and of course I don''t have names....I don''t move in those circles.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]True ambition ''died'' when Smith and Jones took total control at City.

Oh dearie me.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I may be wrong here but I think it was Spurs, because Wynnie did .......and of course I don''t have names....I don''t move in those circles.[/quote]
No, facts is what you dont have wiz. Facts.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]True ambition ''died'' when Smith and Jones took total control at City.[/quote]Lol Wiz! [:D]If you felt we were ambitious up to that point, why did you go wheel to hoof with that police horse to get Chase out? [*-)][/quote]

You left out European football and our highest top flight finish achieved under him Lapps[/quote]Are you now saying it was a mistake to get him out Wiz? Do you think he would have turned it round? [/quote]

Who knows Lapps, the general opinion at protest meetings I went to suggested no.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Wynnies been a Norwich fan longer than you Wiz.[/quote]

Really?

He still appointed Gunn as manager.......twice!

Despite the argument and counter argument the fact remains that we are no nearer to knowing what their plans are for the succession. None of us are going to live forever.

Really.

"I would say it''s been a game of two halves, the first spanning 40 years or so, the second a mere 20 so far. In Norfolk it''s no big deal but I''ve beengoing to Carrow Road for more than 60 years, years that have spanned playing Newport County in the Third Division South, to playing Inter Milan in Europe, that have witnessed the surrender of open terraces to corporate  hospitality, and the escalation of players'' wages by 10,000 percent."

Michael Wynn Jones.

Of course if you had the sense to post your hatred and illinformed bile in the other forum the "Posting Dead" wouldn''t have the gumption to challenge you.

[quote user="ricardo"]Despite the argument and counter argument the fact remains that we are no nearer to knowing what their plans are for the succession. None of us are going to live forever.[/quote]
Perhaps its actually none of our business right now. I would be extremely surprised though if there was no plan.

Probably true Morty, I don''t dispute the ownership of the dolls house but like all of us they aren''t getting any younger and it would be nice to know if they have a viable plan in mind.

[quote user="ricardo"]Probably true Morty, I don''t dispute the ownership of the dolls house but like all of us they aren''t getting any younger and it would be nice to know if they have a viable plan in mind.[/quote]
Yes, it would be nice, however being a business that turns over a great deal of money, there has to be a certain confidentiality regarding issues that affect share prices etc.
We will just have to wait and see, but myself, I am confident that they have a plan.

[quote user="ricardo"]And come to think of it, as a shareholder, I have a legitimate right to pose the question.[/quote]
Ask them at the next AGM?

As you rightly comment, due to financial confidentiality I very much doubt that there would be any revealing reply. I guess it''s going to be wait and see and trusting them to do the right thing in the interests of the club and not just their own pockets.

I believe the Stowmarket two to be honourable people and unlike Wiz, I think they will be concerned about their legacy more than for the financial considerations.

Chrystal Palace appear to have secured investment from two Americans.............http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/12/crystal-palace-shareholding-new-jersey-devils-steve-parishThey seem to be talking about investment of over £100m, mainly for the stadium and the academy....."Parish made clear in an interview with the Guardian

in September that he would need at least “£80m for the things I want to

do to the stadium, maybe £30m for the academy”. There is a recognition

that Palace need a new main stand and will have to make significant

improvements to the Arthur Wait stand opposite, with progress having

been made with architects on a phased scheme that would expand the

capacity of Selhurst Park, the club’s home of 91 years, to 40,000."
It all sounds very nice but the obvious question is "why would they throw all this money at a football club"? Great if it goes well for them but not so good if results on the pitch don''t match their ambition. QPR should be a warning to them.For me, the much derided ''prudence with ambition'' is still a better way.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Chrystal Palace appear to have secured investment from two Americans.............http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/12/crystal-palace-shareholding-new-jersey-devils-steve-parishThey seem to be talking about investment of over £100m, mainly for the stadium and the academy....."Parish made clear in an interview with the Guardian

in September that he would need at least “£80m for the things I want to

do to the stadium, maybe £30m for the academy”. There is a recognition

that Palace need a new main stand and will have to make significant

improvements to the Arthur Wait stand opposite, with progress having

been made with architects on a phased scheme that would expand the

capacity of Selhurst Park, the club’s home of 91 years, to 40,000."
It all sounds very nice but the obvious question is "why would they throw all this money at a football club"? Great if it goes well for them but not so good if results on the pitch don''t match their ambition. QPR should be a warning to them.For me, the much derided ''prudence with ambition'' is still a better way.

[/quote]The possibility of relegation is always going to pose a problem for this kind of investment. That is the very reason why only the big 6 or 7 can throw money about with gay abandon. For the rest of us we have to live with the financial fundamentals that mean 75% of our income can disappear overnight.The pressure for a closed league can only grow and although its not what I want to see, I firmly believe that money will have the last word eventually.