Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Ricky

Actually that would be 4 so far

Neil Adams - rejection

Christophe Galtier (St Etienne) - Rejection

Alex Neil - rejection

Pepe Mel (Betis) - Rejection

RvW must be the biggest dissappointment in the clubs history because of what the club payed for him. About 8,5M £ I guess. I wonder if he would have been a success in a League One side.

A strange development from being one of the big prospects for the future i European football to become a fringe player.

It appears his team mates were so shocked he opened the scoring that they have now gone 2-1 down !  [:D]

Love this double standards by some.......having a dig at some supporters for knocking Ruddy in one thread telling to support our players and next minute ripping the piss out of.....one of our players! Hmmm sad really isn''t it?

Good on RVW, finally got his first goal, just like Grabban!

Depressingly, people are genuinely demanding he is given another chance here on the ncfc Facebook groups.

Hopefully sell a few of these players. Shame about Laffs, but looks like AN doesn''t think he fits into our starting line-up so good luck to him. Will definitely have a few suitors. Hooper is due back in Jan I believe so a few goals will boost his worth. I believe Grabban will stay as we won''t want to sell to a rival (unless he''s happy to drop to the Championsip!).

York Canary wrote the following post at 15/12/2015 11:04 PM:

........ I believe Grabban will stay as we won''t want to sell to a rival .............

I can never see the logic in this.

The people who usually say this don''t rate Grabban.

If this is the case, and they feel that he is not much good, why would we not want to sell a poor player to a rival?

Hopefully, if he is poor as they think, he will be poor for our rivals.

Should that not benefit us?

The question with him will always be with the right coaching could he be made into a decent premier league player.

I think so I genuinely don''t think he was given a fair crack of the wip when he returned this closed season

His movement for both goals was actually very good - let''s hope it gives the boy some confidence. Has absolutely no future here but I would at least like to recoup some money from him and I want the lad to do well

[quote user="Hector the Canary"]The question with him will always be with the right coaching could he be made into a decent premier league player.

I think so I genuinely don''t think he was given a fair crack of the wip when he returned this closed season[/quote]Yet Pepe Mel has only given him 159 mins in the league since he''s gone to Real Betis. It appears every manager he''s had since Hughton - in 3 different countries - hasn''t given him a fair crack of the whip. I wonder why that is.

[quote user="AJ"]His movement for both goals was actually very good - let''s hope it gives the boy some confidence. Has absolutely no future here but I would at least like to recoup some money from him and I want the lad to do well[/quote]

Yes, movement good for both goals.

Espescially the second was good, but also a good cross.

When Snoddy was here, he never would have got that cross at that time, to match his movement. yes, I know the cross came from the left, but you get my point...

Snoddy would have cut back, slowed down all movement so everyone in the box becomes easier to mark, standing still, and then Snoddy would deliver a half-decent cross, while moaning when noone connected with it.

It''s all about timing, and RvW timed well for both goals, and he got the passes/crosses at the right time.

A premiership keeper would probably have saved the first one and a premiership defender would have shown more strength and stopped him heading the second goal so cleanly in my opinion.

Pleased he scored and you can only beat whats against you but a bit of perspective would be good.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="AJ"]His movement for both goals was actually very good - let''s hope it gives the boy some confidence. Has absolutely no future here but I would at least like to recoup some money from him and I want the lad to do well[/quote] Yes, movement good for both goals. Espescially the second was good, but also a good cross. When Snoddy was here, he never would have got that cross at that time, to match his movement. yes, I know the cross came from the left, but you get my point... Snoddy would have cut back, slowed down all movement so everyone in the box becomes easier to mark, standing still, and then Snoddy would deliver a half-decent cross, while moaning when noone connected with it. It''s all about timing, and RvW timed well for both goals, and he got the passes/crosses at the right time.[/quote]

So finally the mask comes off and we find out you''re Lakey!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Goals they are and welcome ones for RVW - but the defending is awful.[/quote]I always find it strange that when one of "our" strikers actually scores a goal, a rareity I know, that it''s either down to bad defending or to do with the poor quality of the opposition. So RVW only scores against bad defending & Lafferty & Loza only score in games that are vastly inferior to the EPL.Meanwhile our regular strikers, who don''t score at all, keep on getting picked. Mind you, they''re fantastic in training!

Good for the lad but no relevance to us on the playing side of things as it''s highly unlikely he''ll play for us again. I don''t see anything in him that would make him effective him in the Premier League, as I assume Alex Neil thought also. Hopefully he can score a few goals to maybe persuade a club to take him off our hands permanently. We won''t get anywhere near what we paid for him, but at least it would free up some wages.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="grefstad"] Yes, movement good for both goals. Espescially the second was good, but also a good cross. When Snoddy was here, he never would have got that cross at that time, to match his movement. yes, I know the cross came from the left, but you get my point... Snoddy would have cut back, slowed down all movement so everyone in the box becomes easier to mark, standing still, and then Snoddy would deliver a half-decent cross, while moaning when noone connected with it. It''s all about timing, and RvW timed well for both goals, and he got the passes/crosses at the right time.[/quote]

So finally the mask comes off and we find out you''re Lakey!

[/quote]

Ha!  No, but Grefstad does have a point.  Inch perfect crosses at the right time were always likely to see him score more goals - he very rarely got the service for that at Norwich.   I''m not getting carried away with Ricky scoring, because the defending was poor, but goals are goals and you can''t take them away from him.  Hopefully he will have earned a more regular starting place with Betis as a result of those two goals and he will be able to capitalise and become the confident scorer he was in Portugal.