Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

two goals for Jacob already..

Good stuff and well done Jacob. Playing regularly week in and week out in competitive games can only be positive for the development of our Academy players who are out on loan.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/norwich-city-loan-star-jacob-10446056

Played the No.10 role on Saturday so it was great experience and he obviously took to it well at that level. No game for Dons so Josh was there to see it!

When I saw Jacob against Chelsea in May he seemed to have come on a fair bit after his loan spell with Colchester. I thoughnt he was our best player that day and he seems to be still progressing.

Nutty,

Having watched both lads for a few years, I always thought Jacob had the most potential. Both good of course but he seems a touch more grounded.

With the potential of losing Redmond as hell be in his last year and I''m sure if we can''t get him to sign a new contract he''ll be gone in the summer, and Wes not getting any younger, could be a chance for the Murphy boys and Thompson to push on

?

Great to see so many of our youngsters making an impact on loan.

The Murphy''s have a lot of promise and if he can keep performing then he''ll be in with a few chances off the bench I''m sure. Still got a lot to work on in his game in terms of the defensive side but that''s exactly why he''s out on loan. Got a good head on his shoulders and can pick a pass and score a goal. Great to see the first real results of the cat 1 academy starting to appear

Spoke to a few Cov fans and they reckon they have a decent chance of signing him if they get promoted. Told them I doubt it very much. Although he did reject a permanent move to Colchester (apparently) so surely that means the club allowed him to speak to them?

I live near Coventry so have seen him play on a number of occasions there. His game is developing but he''s still too inconsistent. He frustrates the crowd because he has pace, skill and ability but seems to just coast along. He does have a tendency to turn a game on it''s head though, in a moment of brilliance. There''s definitely something there.

As far as I know (a few loose ties with the academy folk so don''t take as 100% fact or anything) the only things discussed with the club have only ever been loan deals for both the Murphy''s. That''s not to say that Colchester didn''t put a bid in for him of course, I''m guessing the club probably rejected it. Within the academy they are seen as the first big results of the Cat1 Academy status so I doubt they''ll let them go that easily!

Controversial view, but the club''s promotion might have been the worst thing to happen for the Murphys, Toffolo, Thomson, McGrandles, E Bennett, Morris and Loza. THey would surely have seen more game time in the Championship.

Having said that, they''re all getting valuable on-pitch experience so, hopefully they will come back as better players.

He ran the full length of the pitch then waltzed round the keeper and rolled the ball into the empty net - description of Jacob''s goal against Gillingham today. Sounds like a good one!

He went one on one with the keeper - feinted to the left, went to the right and walked the ball into the empty net - description of Murphy''s SECOND goal against Gillingham this afternoon.

The boy''s on fire!!!!!!

I''ve never seen anything between the two brothers, I have no idea what Jacob is doing at that level, it would''ve been cool to see him at MK with Josh working together again

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]I''ve never seen anything between the two brothers, I have no idea what Jacob is doing at that level, it would''ve been cool to see him at MK with Josh working together again[/quote]

I disagree Ricky, I think some time playing away from his brother is actually helping his game a lot!

On fire at the moment. Wonder if he is playing as an AM again like last game for them. Would be nice to have a goal scorer waiting in the wings to eventually replace Wes.

On another note Josh got an assist from a cross for the MK Dons opener. Sounds like both are having very productive loan spells.

Well done Jacob.  I always used to think Josh was the better player.  Now, I''m not so sure.  There''s undoubtedly talent there, but it''s still raw.  Hopefully they can keep improving playing regularly, under a good manager and coaches. 

Toffolo came on at half time for Rotherham who beat Leeds 1-0 today.  Louis Thompson is injured at Swindon and Carlton Morris'' Hamilton play tomorrow lunch time.Not including the Murphy''s, have I forgotten anyone?Oh, Andreu!  He was an unused sub at Rotherham.  I''d be amazed if we saw him in a Norwich first team shirt again.  He doesn''t appear to be to close to being good enough.  I wouldn''t be against giving him a free transfer back to Hamilton.

Strange purchase Andreu. Maybe he was one if we had stayed down.Hooper came on as sub and Wednesday then went on to get three goals. Not sure if there was any connection.

Hooper...

"Wednesday boss Carlos Carvahal sent on Joao, Gary Hooper and Lewis McGugan, and their presence proved crucial as the game turned.

After Hooper shot tamely at goalkeeper Joe Murphy, Joao finally found the equaliser at Hillsborough after Forestieri''s strike was saved.

Joao came on with Wednesday 1-0 down to a Sean Scannell header, and levelled when he crashed in the rebound from Fernando Forestieri''s initial shot.

Forestieri then teed up Kieran Lee to put Wednesday ahead, and his cutback gave Joao the chance to seal the win."

Hooper far from super.

I talk quite often to a Coventry fan, they love Jacob there and think hes got great potential for the future ( and that convo was before todays game)

From the highlights looks as if Jacob is playing in a number 10 role. He will be getting some decent coaching under Mowbray; this has to be really good for him, and us! Could be the successor to Wes we''ve been searching for.