Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

get over it guys and move on

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I don''t rate Paul Merson as a pundit but he''s spot on about the fans and reading this board it''s looking like we''ve already lost some! http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10042207/norwich-v-west-brom-merson[/quote]

Merson is right.   The fans have to stay with the team however hard it gets.  Some on here and at the ground don''t seem to understand that idea. Booing the team at the end.  Unbelievable.   Did Burnley fans boo home defeats last season,  did Leicester fans boo home defeats when they were struggling during the first half of last season, are Bournemouth fans booing their team now?  I doubt it.  Yet some of our fans do - and on here some are already questioning Neil, despite the ability and persona he has shown us since he arrived.  Merson said "what do we expect?" and that is a good question.  To my mind what we should expect is a team that goes out and gives it all to try and win a match - and to me watching online, it looked as if we gave it a good go, but were beaten by the Pulis way of football - tried and tested and successful.  West Brom have some very good players and it showed. We were flaky and most of our attempts on goal were poor. It won''t always be like that because we know the team and players have ability.  But if the fans get too frustrated and it spreads down to the team, it will only end one way. Merson is an ex-footballer - he knows what the fans can do for a club,

for better or worse - you keep behind your team, no matter what. If you

don''t, it''s a slippery slope. Being afraid of Man City won''t help either.  We have given them some good games - an that is what we can do next Saturday.  West Brom did a job on us. Shame but as the op says - we move on.

move on to what??.......Man City,Chelsea,Arsenal??

the opening fixtures we were provided with were supposed to provide us with an opportunity to get some points to act as a cushion BEFORE these difficult fixtures in the lead up to Christmas now kick in.

The fact that we only have 9 pts from these 10 games ....and are already teetering above the bottom 3 before these fixtures is, I''m sure you''ll agree, some considerable cause for concern?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]move on to what??.......Man City,Chelsea,Arsenal??

the opening fixtures we were provided with were supposed to provide us with an opportunity to get some points to act as a cushion BEFORE these difficult fixtures in the lead up to Christmas now kick in.

The fact that we only have 9 pts from these 10 games ....and are already teetering above the bottom 3 before these fixtures is, I''m sure you''ll agree, some considerable cause for concern?[/quote]People get too wound up about who the opposition is. Every game is going to be hard and it''s about time people realised it. There are no easy games and imo we should be relishing the upcoming games, looking forward to them, not worrying about them.  Points are available, we''ve beaten Man City and Arsenal in the recent past and Chelsea are not firing on all cylinders.  We just have to stay positive and look forward to these games, not fear them.

.....so ,if you were told at the start of the season ,that after the first 10 games ,given the "kind" fixture list we were given in the first couple of months, that at this stage we would have only 9 points and won only 2 games, what would your reaction be??

as for being "wound up about who the opposition is"......its called realism. WBA,Stoke,Palace,Leicester at home are all fixtures that we needed to be targeting at decent haul of points from......we got ONE POINT from 12 from these fixtures.

.If you want to try and tell me that we are more likely to pick up points vs Man City,Chelsea,Arsenal....and then soon after Man United and Spurs, I''m afraid it won''t work.

"Did Leicester fans boo home defeats when they were struggling during the first half of last season?"

Yes. Frequently. Hence Pearson''s fractious relationship with the fan base until the last few weeks of the season.

Well done on not mentioning Houghton though.

[quote user="Bor Loves You"]"Did Leicester fans boo home defeats when they were struggling during the first half of last season?"

Yes. Frequently. Hence Pearson''s fractious relationship with the fan base until the last few weeks of the season.

Well done on not mentioning Houghton though.[/quote]

Unless my mind is playing tricks on me, relations between the fans and Pearson were so low at one point that it culminated in Pearson telling a fan to ''**** off and die'' during a match. In response to some of the criticism he and the team were receiving.

As supporters, backing the team and voicing concern are not two mutually exclusive things. Unfortunately, the facts at the moment are staring us rather bluntly in the face. We''ve struggled to pick up points against many of the lesser sides in the league. Logic dictates we are going to find the going much tougher still when the big boys come to town.

I''m hoping you are right LDC and that we can get the show back on the road but it''s increasingly looking like it''s going to be a long season and unfortunately we made that particular rod for our own back by not reinforcing adequately in the summer.

It really doesn''t matter who the opposition is, and what points we have now (or didn''t get) or are going to get. If you have a football club who base their CEO''s pay and bonuses on financial success rather than footballing success and bringing in the necessary quality players who can do a job in the premiership to help achieve what supporters crave, and knowing full well that those already on the books were collectively responsible for the last relegation, then you know exactly where you are going, and the fact that once again NCFC have built into their projected figures for next season in the Championship, that should tell you all you need to know. Don''t expect any big influences coming in in January, that won''t happen, and AN will be gone, another part of the clubs history, just as his predecessors who struggled with the agendas they were given too.