Sign in to follow this  
Canary99

Set pieces

I thought yesterday our corners and free kicks were as poor as I''ve seen in a long time. Wes shouldn''t be any where near taking corners as I don''t think I''ve ever seen any of his get past the first man. Imo Brady or Jarvis are probably our best corner takers, however we also require more movement and flexibility in the box. We seem too static and organised so therefore very easy to mark, we appeared to be relying on Mbokani or Bassong to out jump a west brom player which just wasn''t happening yesterday.

13 corners yesterday and no decent efforts on goal is really poor.

You look at the well-worked effort West Brom had, granted it didn''t result in a goal, but boy was it miles ahead in quality from what we had to offer!

Including Wes and the advancing Brady we had four wingers playing yesterday yet only one striker. One striker who was being marked out of the game by 2 and sometimes 3 centre backs. We were never going to score from crosses, and that''s all we offered.

Our tactics are ridiculously predictable.

Why wasn''t Brady taking the set pieces? He''s by far our best set piece taker but was on the half way line for all of our corners!

tbf all the deliveries were to the wrong areas, every time we crossed near post mbokani went far, and vice versado you give him enough game time to build a relationship or go back to jerome