Sign in to follow this  
Lewis DW

One Upfront!

One upfront with three creative/wide players in behind is not going to keep us in the PL! It''s very negative, scared even and very reminiscent of the Hughton era.

West Brom had 2 and sometimes 3 centre backs on Mbo yesterday, and the wingers, with the exception of Redmond very early on, offered nothing going forward. I think Brady was our brightest spark going forward and he was playing at left back yesterday.

Johnny Howson is a passenger currently and offers nothing to our defence or attack. He''s a good player, but in my opinion - is long overdue a seat on the bench.

Completely disagree apart from the Howson statement. Jarvis was very handy going forward, it was when it was moved more centrally when the moves broke down as Howson was poor and Hoolahan was marked quite tightly

i dont think mbokani has the work rate to be the lone striker, he seems a bit headless at timestwo strikers and two banks of four against man city might not be the worst choice, would have to sit deep but at least theyd support the midfield chasing the ball down