Sign in to follow this  
gitto

2 Up Front

Leicester, Newcsatle and West Brom all played two up front against City and the City defence struggled against all three. With Whittiker and Olsson/Brady so good going forward would it not be good idea to play them as wing backs and have Martin, Bassong and Bennett as three centre backs. And at the other end Hooper has scored goals in the champions league and Lafferty has scored goals at international level. Scoring goals wins games, not holding the ball up and playing neat football. Five in defence with Tettey holding midfielder might allow for early diagonal crosses for Lafferty with Hooper to feed off him. Just a thought about a plan B game plan.

I would hope AN will bring in Mulumbu for Howson.

A half-fit Mulumbu would have been of far more use to the team than Howson over the past three matches......

[quote user="gitto"]Leicester, Newcsatle and West Brom all played two up front against City and the City defence struggled against all three. With Whittiker and Olsson/Brady so good going forward would it not be good idea to play them as wing backs and have Martin, Bassong and Bennett as three centre backs. And at the other end Hooper has scored goals in the champions league and Lafferty has scored goals at international level. Scoring goals wins games, not holding the ball up and playing neat football. Five in defence with Tettey holding midfielder might allow for early diagonal crosses for Lafferty with Hooper to feed off him. Just a thought about a plan B game plan.[/quote] good call, can`t get much worse than the last couple of games.

I think it would be a great idea to really press Man City''s back line the same way Leicester did with us. Their back 4 can be a complete shambles at times.

I do hope we''ll see Mulumbu at some point as well.