Sign in to follow this  
pliff

AN might walk

Listening to Alex Neill interview on radio yesterday just sensed that he felt he could not get our defense to play any better, and a slight inference to the lack of investment by the board in the summer has left us short of what we need to compete or even survive in this league. My fear is that too many thumping''s might lead him to walk, just my opinion.

You need to get your senses checked out,they are not working.[:(]

He is not a quitter.

He has big problems now in terms of balancing the side: too tentative yesterday and too gung ho last week. But he is no fool and he will get it right.

And as previously noted, why walk when you can be sacked and paid off?

[quote user="Bor"]He is not a quitter.

He has big problems now in terms of balancing the side: too tentative yesterday and too gung ho last week. But he is no fool and he will get it right.

And as previously noted, why walk when you can be sacked and paid off?[/quote]
Indeed. 
Better that way round than paying to get sacked off. [:D]

He''s not going anywhere. I actually think we might surprise some of the bigger teams this season as well. We will be past 20 pts by the January window.

Jesus wept, the way some fans react after a few poor defeats is mind boggling. Perhaps we''re now too open under Neil, and we should look at the leading Championship manager, as I''ve heard he builds a strong defensive base for his teams?

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]You need to get your senses checked out,they are not working.[:(][/quote]As I said just my opinion and my senses are fine, and I sense your opinion is paramount or is that the little man syndrome?

I said much the same as the OP about AN yesterday. The confidence was gone and he looked shell-shocked, so it wouldn''t surprise me if he walked in order to preserve his reputation.

Surely by leaving a so called sinking ship he would destroy his reputation which can''t be great at such an early stage of his managerial career. As I see it he has no option but to stay and see it through.

I think that unlikely but I agree he had the rabbits in the headlight expression about him yesterday. However, we can''t expect to compete in the PL with a championship defence. Where the fault lies for that farcical situation is of course a source for debate whether caused by lack of the manager''s credibility, inadequate scouting or board unwillingness/incompetence in player acquisition.

Not only is he a football manager he is a family man and sometimes they come first, he is young and that is on his side. If we cannot match his ambition then he may decide his future is somewhere else even if he has to drop down a league.

Would like to see a top class coach with either Premiership or European Soccer come in, this is the Premiership supposably the best league in the world and we have Hot Dog Frankie and Holt the ex Lowestoft Town player coaching

Can I just point out that we haven''t been relegated yet, and aren''t even in the relegation places either.Jeez, why waste your life worrying about something that hasn''t even happened yet.

[quote user="Red Rufus"]Surely by leaving a so called sinking ship he would destroy his reputation which can''t be great at such an early stage of his managerial career. As I see it he has no option but to stay and see it through.[/quote]The lack of signings might make him feel that he wants to walk rather than get blamed if it all goes wrong. If he feels that he''s taken us as far as he can under the present circumstances then I doubt he''d be one to stick around just for the money.

GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary wrote the following post at 2015-10-25 11:07 PM:

walk?.....where?

when would be the next time he will get to manage a Premier League club???

Would he want to manage another premier club? I sincerely doubt it. His next position won''t be in England I fear.

does anybody on here have a clue about football ?? you''re team is punching well above its weight at the moment ..9 points .when Chelsea have 11 points with jose mourhino ..I laugh at some of the comments on here ..Alex Neil is the best young manager in britain