Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Stephen Fry - charming the Hamilton faithful

Found this online earlier - a nice touch from one of our Directors.
I can''t help thinking that gestures like this are part of the reason our club has a positive image within football as one of the "nicer" clubs.
Are we feeling any better about Stephen Fry''s involvement with his local club these days?

Well-known Norwich supporter Stephen Fry, who has been a member of the club’s board since 2010, thanked the Lanarkshire side after Accies’ fan Neil Graham, of Hamilton, tweeted a picture of a goodbye card for Alex Neil made by his son Fraser.

In the tweet Neil describes Alex Neil as a prophet, to which the QI host responded: “Prophetic indeed. Thank you to the #Accies.”

Following the tweet, one user stated: “Never thought I’d see the day you used an Accies hashtag. You are now part of the Accies family.”

Another Hamilton Accies fan stated to Fry: “It’s the Accies way. Give folk a chance, then wish them well in future.”

Mr Graham, known to his friends and online as Tatty, was delighted with the response from Fry.

He said: “I’m just chuffed that Alex Neil has cheered up Stephen Fry.

“The tweet went to his 9.8million followers on Twitter so me and Fraser were pretty chuffed.”

"Are we feeling any better about Stephen Fry''s involvement with his local club these days?"

Personally, I have never felt bad enough about his role to have a need to feel better.

Having a celebrity involved can always throw up little positives such as this.

Fry doesn''t seem to make much noise on our behalf, much to the annoyance of some, and will likely never throw money at the Club, but the fact that he travels a distance to give up his own time on behalf of NCFC is good enough for me. It''s not as if he costs anything, apart from the biscuit bill, as he is unpaid.

What''s not to like?

[quote user="Bor"]
Found this online earlier - a nice touch from one of our Directors.
I can''t help thinking that gestures like this are part of the reason our club has a positive image within football as one of the "nicer" clubs.
Are we feeling any better about Stephen Fry''s involvement with his local club these days?

Well-known Norwich supporter Stephen Fry, who has been a member of the club’s board since 2010, thanked the Lanarkshire side after Accies’ fan Neil Graham, of Hamilton, tweeted a picture of a goodbye card for Alex Neil made by his son Fraser.

In the tweet Neil describes Alex Neil as a prophet, to which the QI host responded: “Prophetic indeed. Thank you to the #Accies.”

Following the tweet, one user stated: “Never thought I’d see the day you used an Accies hashtag. You are now part of the Accies family.”

Another Hamilton Accies fan stated to Fry: “It’s the Accies way. Give folk a chance, then wish them well in future.”

Mr Graham, known to his friends and online as Tatty, was delighted with the response from Fry.

He said: “I’m just chuffed that Alex Neil has cheered up Stephen Fry.

“The tweet went to his 9.8million followers on Twitter so me and Fraser were pretty chuffed.”

[/quote][img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEHFn-gTKafKs-gaTP3RYek5EoGm42bJUckmvgI0mkGG4KRcfp6Q[/img]

"a nice touch from one of our Directors."

I thought it was also a nice touch when he got married at the same time Norwich were playing a Saturday home game.

Told me all I need to know about his commitment to the club.

Good one. So, by your reckoning, anyone who has missed a game of football in order to get married isn''t a committed fan.
You sound like the footballing equivalent of Sharia Law.

Good one. So, by your reckoning, anyone who has missed a game of football in order to get married isn''t a committed fan.

There are 52 Saturdays in a year bore of which more than half do not involve Norwich City playing at home.

The fact he got married in Norfolk is even more laughable in that he could''ve attended a second home game of the season (after Boxing Day) if he''d have been a true fan and had consulted the fixture list.

Maybe he didn''t want to honeymoon in Norfolk. Not unreasonable, and hardly a crime. Maybe his work schedule didn''t permit it. I don''t see why everyone assumes the worst, but my instincts tell me it''s to do with envy of his success and a touch of Homophobia.

I reckon Stephen Fry married on a match day because he didn''t fancy watching a fat John Ruddy and us not winning by three clear goals plus he might heard we were going to sign Mbokant if we were promoted.