Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Essex canaries

Morning all!

Does anyone on this board live in the Lakeside/Thurrock area like me who maybe fancies meeting for a pint and travelling up together for the footy?  All my mates down here are Hammers fans and as you can guess, they are getting bloody boring now!

Our whole family travels to Norwich by car for home games and we''re in Brentwood. I gather that quite a few supporters get on the train from the Capital.

There was nothing better (the season before last) than travelling up the A12 and A140 and seeing other cars flying their green and yellow scarves.

There were quite a few proudly showing their colours while by-passing Ipswich.

Here''s to a repeat!!

when i moved to Braintree in ''97 (i work in chelmsford/london) i was coerced into THAT shopping centre at lakeside. The experience was so traumatising that I vowed never to return and have kept that promise to date.

p.s. i drive up the m11. I can''t face the a140 !

A Joke for you.

An Essex Canary is involved in a nasty car crash and is trapped and bleeding. The paramedics soon arrive on site.

Medic: "It''s OK I''m a paramedic and I''m going to ask you some questions"

Essex Canary: "OK"

Medic: "What''s your name"

Essex Canary: "Karl"

Medic: "OK Karl, is this your car?"

Essex Canary: "Yes"

Medic: "Where are you bleeding from?"

Essex Canary: "Bleedin Braintree, mate."

[quote]ha ha GW. If only i could find a tardis and go back 25 years and chuck your shoes out of the bus window on the bus back from Hamonds![/quote]

25 years to get my own back!

They were not shoes they were Monkey boots, and you tied the hood of my Parker to the bus seat. 

i was in litten tree for the spurs away match but didnt see many canaries in there unfortunately! normally in chelmsford for sky matches but only know of 2 other supporters!

not goin southend match but got my tickets for the colchester match!!

was at the spurs away match. the best result for my away trips (the remaining 9 being defeats)

i was in the litten tree for the bolton, man c & newcastle away matches. The only ncfc supporter in there for man c & newcastle. In fact I think i was the only person watching the man c match. Have to drive to the highest point to get Radio Norfolk on the car radio when i can''t get to the match or get R Norfolk on the pc!