Sign in to follow this  
NorwichRat

Cannot wait to get back to the championship....

Why.... Hate the atmosphere around our beloved NCFC when things get tough. Too many supporters with no balls... Pant wetters get vocal.... The rubbish on here ramps up.

We are likely to loose 5 or 6 games on the trot sometime this season.... After only 3 the crap spouted on here and in the stands is already effecting the team... The atmosphere is already starting to go downhill....

Please please can the sane majority of Norwich supporters do what they do best and support... We could be loosing our manager within a few weeks if the vocal minority have there way.

Out of the last 6 years the 3 in the championship where the ones I most enjoyed .... At least the supporters supported.

We are not an attractive club to join so have trouble getting in players. Very few of you consider this. Do not blame the board or manager....

It''s time to get behind the club. I bet the vocal minority win and we loose not only PL status but also our manager.

The problem is that if you do well in the Championship you get punished with promotion to the Premiership and have to suffer the ignominity of deciding what to do with all that money. [;)]

We are an attractive club to join for Championship level players.  Not so for established top flight players.  That''s what you get with our wage structure.  Therefore every signing is a bit more of a gamble than for some other clubs.

[quote user="NorwichRat"]Why.... Hate the atmosphere around our beloved NCFC when things get tough. Too many supporters with no balls... Pant wetters get vocal.... The rubbish on here ramps up.

We are likely to loose 5 or 6 games on the trot sometime this season.... After only 3 the crap spouted on here and in the stands is already effecting the team... The atmosphere is already starting to go downhill....

Please please can the sane majority of Norwich supporters do what they do best and support... We could be loosing our manager within a few weeks if the vocal minority have there way.

Out of the last 6 years the 3 in the championship where the ones I most enjoyed .... At least the supporters supported.

We are not an attractive club to join so have trouble getting in players. Very few of you consider this. Do not blame the board or manager....

It''s time to get behind the club. I bet the vocal minority win and we loose not only PL status but also our manager.[/quote]if we did end up back in the championship would you only accept 7th every season?

[quote user="NorwichRat"]Why.... Hate the atmosphere around our beloved NCFC when things get tough. Too many supporters with no balls... Pant wetters get vocal.... The rubbish on here ramps up.

It''s time to get behind the club. I bet the vocal minority win and we loose not only PL status but also our manager.[/quote]This is the reality of being a yoyo team, a small fish in a big pond. Lots of ups and downs, lots of changes of managers. You get despair and excitement in equal measure, what the hell more do you want. You are a Norwich City supporter, it''s what we are and what we do.Over the years there are many who have falenl by the wayside, you either learn to like it or do something else on a Saturday.

As Rickyyyy said its what you get supporting Norwich.

But, I''d sooner our last ten seasons rollercoaster than say Villa''s. Or even Stokes. The PL becomes boring very fast when you realise every season the aim is to get 40 points Maybe it''s different for our fans who aren''t lucky enough to go as often as me.

What people forget about the Championship is that it''s only fun when you have a great squad ... which quickly vaporises once you stay for a year or two.

There''s a reason why teams like Forest, Ipswich, Derby, Boro etc would give their eye teeth to be in our current position and we shouldn''t forget that.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

There''s a reason why teams like Forest, Ipswich, Derby, Boro etc would give their eye teeth to be in our current position and we shouldn''t forget that.[/quote]

What I find difficult to comprehend is the truth of that statement held up against the continual accusations of ineptitude levelled at our board. The truth, as I see it, is that there are very few of our contempories performing better than us and it''s been that way for 5 years now.

People seem to forget that we were playing excellent football only a few weeks ago - and really were unlucky not to beat a current top three team at their place.

There''s no denying we''ve suffered some poor defeats since, but in all honesty I wonder what people expected of this season? Everyone was screaming for attacking football after Hughton, so take it on the chin and move on. If it was easy to come up through the play offs and become a top 14 team overnight then there would be absolutely no enjoyment in supporting a club like Norwich now would there?!

It is nice to be a supporter of a Premiership Team but the cold facts are that our top league is really no longer anything near what it should be. It is totally over hyped and is now basically a money machine controlled by Sky. Today was a good example where the Manchester Derby was pretty boring and I understand there were no shots on goal in the first half. Later in the game we saw a host of substitutions whereby recently acquired very expensive internationals were taken off. They were then replaced by £15m journeymen, most of whom I have never heard of. Did not see any old fashioned team spirit or teamwork. Tim Sherwood/Brendan Rogers already sacked after a few games, the former never given much money to purchase players. Our national side is going nowhere and what is the point of academies. As our learned contributors point out we are a yoyo club amongst this turmoil and this is little point in spending fortunes and moaning about the manager as at the end of the day we will still be amongst the ten or so also rans. Even MOD virtually ignores us. We had many enjoyable matches in the Championship with my best day ever at Wembley. Yes I will be accused of "Little Norwich" but I like to think I live in the real world.

Thanks you guys. great replies.

There are too many doom mo bers out there who do my head in. I''m up for the fight to stay up, and expect it to be a fight, but will be bitterly dissapointed if we loose our manager due to the vocal minority whos expectations are far removed from the realality of our wonderful club.

OTBC

I accept it was always going to be a fight but that is why it has been so frustrating to see us return a points haul from the first ten that is below what our performances have merited and this three match slump has come at the very worst time possible.

You feel that victory over Swansea is a must and tgat we are going to need to be beating some of the second tier sides at home such as Everton, Spurs and Southampton because we have already wasted four of our more winnable home games. Perfectly possible of course, as it is also that we suddenly spring a surprise win over Arsenal or Chelsea.

Where I disagree is this "players don''t want to come" attitude some fans seem to have to excuse the boards failure to adequately strengthen the defence this summer. of course unrealistic targets don''t want to come but that is why the strategy needs to be better in the first place. We appear to have spent much time and effort targeting (and indeed bidding big money for) players who either don''t fit with our wage structure or had options with clubs who pay more and offer European football. We either need to take s punt and loosen the wage structure or we need to scout and shop smarter. The failure in the summer has already cost us points. This team should have 13 or 14 points and if they did nobody would be downbeat.

[quote user="Ian"]People seem to forget that we were playing excellent football only a few weeks ago - and really were unlucky not to beat a current top three team at their place.

There''s no denying we''ve suffered some poor defeats since, but in all honesty I wonder what people expected of this season? Everyone was screaming for attacking football after Hughton, so take it on the chin and move on. If it was easy to come up through the play offs and become a top 14 team overnight then there would be absolutely no enjoyment in supporting a club like Norwich now would there?![/quote][Y]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Where I disagree is this "players don''t want to come" attitude some fans seem to have to excuse the boards failure to adequately strengthen the defence this summer. of course unrealistic targets don''t want to come but that is why the strategy needs to be better in the first place. We appear to have spent much time and effort targeting (and indeed bidding big money for) players who either don''t fit with our wage structure or had options with clubs who pay more and offer European football. We either need to take s punt and loosen the wage structure or we need to scout and shop smarter. The failure in the summer has already cost us points. This team should have 13 or 14 points and if they did nobody would be downbeat.[/quote]Indeed, there''s a bit of a disconnect here with people on the one hand saying we had enough money to spend, but on the other saying players didn''t want to come, wages weren''t enough etc, etc. You can''t have it both ways, we simply didn''t have enough money to be able to attract new signings of the quality required.In a similar situation on another occasion we might have found a bargain or a player willing to accept comparatively low wages, but this summer we came unstuck.

[quote user="ricardo"]This is the reality of being a yoyo team, a small fish in a big pond. Lots of ups and downs, lots of changes of managers. You get despair and excitement in equal measure, what the hell more do you want. You are a Norwich City supporter, it''s what we are and what we do.Over the years there are many who have falenl by the wayside, you either learn to like it or do something else on a Saturday.[/quote]That, my friends, is the sound of a nail being hit squarely on its head.