Sign in to follow this  
Funny old game

Time for decisive leadership from the board

With the current hysteria swirling around it is time for the board to state in unequivocal terms that AN''s position is not under threat and, come what may, he will still be in the seat until at the very least the start of next season. This is in the best short, and medium term position for the club to take. Sacking a manager is the easy option but stability is what is required. The worst case scenario is relegation putting the club back in a similar position as the where we were when AN was appointed. Chopping and changing every 5 minutes helps nobody, read Villa, Sunderland, etc. Time to hold nerve and very publicly support the manager

A fine sentiment but I feel your laudable sense of loyalty is, in this instance, misplaced. AN is way out of his depth at this level - to struggle on with him for the whole season risks damaging the reputation of the club irreparably.

[quote user="Funny old game"]With the current hysteria swirling around it is time for the board to state in unequivocal terms that AN''s position is not under threat and, come what may, he will still be in the seat until at the very least the start of next season. This is in the best short, and medium term position for the club to take. Sacking a manager is the easy option but stability is what is required. The worst case scenario is relegation putting the club back in a similar position as the where we were when AN was appointed. Chopping and changing every 5 minutes helps nobody, read Villa, Sunderland, etc. Time to hold nerve and very publicly support the manager[/quote]I don''t think the board need to do or say anything, to be honest.I think the people whipping up the hysteria are just doing what they always do, every season, regardless.I don''t think Alex Neil''s position is in threat, in any way.To paraphrase something said on here yesterday, its hard to believe that Wembley was only ten games ago.

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]AN is way out of his depth at this level - to struggle on with him for the whole season risks damaging the reputation of the club irreparably.[/quote]Isn''t the reputation of the club already irreparably damaged due to all the other awful, amateurish and scandalous things that you keep telling us about? Now that we''re the laughing stock of the footballing world, what have we got to lose?