Sign in to follow this  
NCFC198

thanks Martin

but its time to move on. Russell Martin has served us well and served a purpose. but now its time to move on. hes not a centre back and no longer a right back

I think he''s (slightly) the poorest of our three centre backs but you have to expect a player who''s played in a different position for a year and a half to take a few games to readjust to his right back again. The sensible thing would probably been to have tried the rearranged defense against Everton in the Carling Cup to give Martin time to get used to his old role again.

Exactly Holtcantshoot-he''s played as CB for club and country for a long time now-not easy to switch back to RB and play like he never left that position. I thought he played ok there for around 65 mins then unfortunately went to pieces for the end where most of his mistakes were made.

If Ryan Bennett stays fit and that''s the big problem, then I think he could easily be our best central defender.

Think if a neutral watched the games back they''d have Martin and Whittaker both out of the side. Wisdom clearly a panic buy and if he rated him any more than any of our players then he would be in by now weve conceded a shed load. Changes in jan

Martin was abysmal at right back.

But as for ryan being any better I dont see it. The mayhem he caused in the first half at the back would have see martin pilloried had he played that poorly but is conveniently overlooked for our Ryan, bless him.

Not saying martin is better - just neither are good enough

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He''s a good captain and is the ultimate professional. Though he had an absolute nightmare yesterday.[/quote]Good captain? Tell me the last time you saw him try to get his players going saw more of that from Tettey, Jarvis and Mbokani yesterday a silent captain is not a good captain ask anyone who has been in the Army you sir/madam are talking out OYA

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Martin was abysmal at right back.

But as for ryan being any better I dont see it. The mayhem he caused in the first half at the back would have see martin pilloried had he played that poorly but is conveniently overlooked for our Ryan, bless him.

Not saying martin is better - just neither are good enough[/quote]

Obvious that our defence at the end of last season was not good enough and what was done about it during the summer?

It looked like we were playing without a right back on Saturday given the crosses coming over.