Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

All in it together

I really hope fans realise that turning on the manager and/or the players isn''t constructive or the right thing to do.

In Neil, we have a good manager who could build a successful premier league club over the next few years even if we are relegated this season (as I believe he''d get us back up).

The best reaction we as fans can have is that we''re all in this together and get behind the players and manager for the whole season. Remember, Neil gave us Wembley when it looked unlikely when he first came in!

The last thing we need is a knee jerk reaction to a 3 game swoon. Every team has a down turn in the season. Maybe that''s all this is. Give it time. We''re not being played off the park nor approaching games scared and ready to capitulate.

[quote user="Cobain18"]I really hope fans realise that turning on the manager and/or the players isn''t constructive or the right thing to do.

In Neil, we have a good manager who could build a successful premier league club over the next few years even if we are relegated this season (as I believe he''d get us back up).

The best reaction we as fans can have is that we''re all in this together and get behind the players and manager for the whole season. Remember, Neil gave us Wembley when it looked unlikely when he first came in![/quote]

I love your sentiments buddy and I hate to disappoint you but we are only "all in it together" when we''re winning. Wembley was a great example of that. Last Saturday saw the booing begin and that togetherness start to disappear.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Cobain18"]I really hope fans realise that turning on the manager and/or the players isn''t constructive or the right thing to do.

The best reaction we as fans can have is that we''re all in this together and get behind the players and manager for the whole season. Remember, Neil gave us Wembley when it looked unlikely when he first came in![/quote]

I love your sentiments buddy and I hate to disappoint you but we are only "all in it together" when we''re winning. Wembley was a great example of that. Last Saturday saw the booing begin and that togetherness start to disappear.[/quote]

It''s shameful and it''s ridiculous that people start to boo and get negative at the slightest setback.   The delusions of grandeur for our club that some people have, is remarkable in it''s ineptitude.   We are a well run club and in recent years have been much more successful than most clubs of a similar size and resources.   We currently have a young manager who is full of potential and achieved much already in his short career.  Yet the booing and moaning has started already.  In 1972 when we first went up it was an adventure and a half and in the years that followed the football was a joy, with very little negativity on show and saw us succeed to a level beyond  our resources.  

In Lambert''s first premier league season we had a feeling around that was similar to 1972 - a bit of trepidation, a bit of nervousness about our chances but very little negativity - but loads of enthusiasm (partly obviously because we were on a high from the previous two seasons).  So why can''t we maintain an open togetherness after last season''s success that lasts less than ten games?  What is the matter with people?

These days the creeping cynicism of a proportion of fans starts to eat

away at the togetherness so easily it is frightening. How on earth do

people expect the team to do well at the top level under a blanket of

negativity?   It started almost straight away under Hughton.......yeah

yeah, I mentioned his name again.....but really, we are only ever going

to be successful again at the top level if we throw away the delusions

of expectation that we should somehow be mid-table by right - and that

our club needs EVERYONE to be positive and be behind the team and

manager - whoever he is. 

We have some really good players, some who are yet to show us their full potential - we have a great young manager - but we have some fans who will drag us down , because negativity is insipid and spreads very easily into the larger consciousness of the fans as a whole - and it will affect the team. People think that''s rubbish?  Well, that is your issue.  Be negative if you like, but you will drag us down in the process. Be positive in the toughest league in the world with a club on limited finances - or the conseqences will always be the same - the football will suffer, you''ll make it harder for the players - and we''ll end up back in the lower league having to do it all again. We are a yo yo club and maybe always will be - but it doesn''t have to be a negative experience - relish the challenge and get positive!   At the moment the rumblngs are with only a few fans.  It''s up to the rest to make sure we don''t allow that to creep in across the board.  Allow yourself to get sucked in to the negative mind set and there wil only be one result - the football will suffer more and we will likely get relegated. SO KEEP POSITIVE!