Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Yellow

Bottom by Christmas

Our paltry points return from our relatively gentle first ten fixtures of the season coupled with the fact that our shambolic defending is, if anything, getting worse, means that, with several unwinnable games coming up, we will be firmly rooted at the bottom of the gable by Christmas.

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]Our paltry points return from our relatively gentle first ten fixtures of the season coupled with the fact that our shambolic defending is, if anything, getting worse, means that, with several unwinnable games coming up, we will be firmly rooted at the bottom of the gable by Christmas.[/quote]Bottom of the gable, I''d take that.

Our fixtures between now and the start of December are likely to yield zero points so I expect AN to be gone by the start of December - with the new bloke coming in mid-month.

If we''re bottom at Christmas then there''ll be a choice to make: throw money at survival or have a clear out and rebuild for a potential return in 2017. The only thing that''s clear at the moment is we''re in a right old mess.

[quote user="9Зvintage"]If we''re bottom at Christmas then there''ll be a choice to make: throw money at survival or have a clear out and rebuild for a potential return in 2017. The only thing that''s clear at the moment is we''re in a right old mess.[/quote]We are?

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]Our fixtures between now and the start of December are likely to yield zero points so I expect AN to be gone by the start of December - with the new bloke coming in mid-month.[/quote]

Why are you assuming that the new manager will be male, McNally has pulled a few surprises in the past, his next move could be the biggest yet.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]Our fixtures between now and the start of December are likely to yield zero points so I expect AN to be gone by the start of December - with the new bloke coming in mid-month.[/quote]

Why are you assuming that the new manager will be male, McNally has pulled a few surprises in the past, his next move could be the biggest yet.

[/quote]

Eva Carneiro anyone?[;)]

Relax everyone. Daydreamer Morty has said we are fine. He always does. His oneliner positivism is just what we need. Reality is such a pain, Morty, isn''t it?

[quote user="grefstad"]Relax everyone. Daydreamer Morty has said we are fine. He always does. His oneliner positivism is just what we need. Reality is such a pain, Morty, isn''t it?[/quote]You really are a bit of a cock, aren''t you?

Thetford , as it''s half term I expect you are quite bored, but in all honesty you are possibly right. You have take one win from the last 11 games , and that was a fluke against 10 man Leeds.

I know you''ve won the FA cup (ask you''re Grandad) but it really isn''t looking good for you.

Lose to Rotherham and Bolton and you are in the Kharzy my friend.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="grefstad"]Relax everyone. Daydreamer Morty has said we are fine. He always does. His oneliner positivism is just what we need. Reality is such a pain, Morty, isn''t it?[/quote]You really are a bit of a cock, aren''t you?[/quote]

Nah...just making a point of the fact that 25000 of your 26000 posts in this forum have likely been useless oneliners. But then again, useless posts originates from useless posters. Reality bites.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="morty"][quote user="grefstad"]Relax everyone. Daydreamer Morty has said we are fine. He always does. His oneliner positivism is just what we need. Reality is such a pain, Morty, isn''t it?[/quote]

You really are a bit of a cock, aren''t you?
[/quote] Nah...just making a point of the fact that 25000 of your 26000 posts in this forum have likely been useless oneliners. But then again, useless posts originates from useless posters. Reality bites.[/quote]

78.8% of all statistics are made up.

My guess is 6 points max between now and Jan 1st.

Oct 31 Manchester City A

Sat Nov 7 Swansea City H

Sat Nov 21 Chelsea A

Sun Nov 29 Arsenal (4.15pm) H

Sat Dec 5 Watford A

Sat Dec 12 Everton (12.45pm) H

Sat Dec 19 Manchester United A

Sat Dec 26 Tottenham Hotspur A

Mon Dec 28 Aston Villa H

Draws against Swansea, Everton and Watford, and a win against Villa.

The rest will be lost.

That leaves us at 15 points after 19 games (half way).

On course to 30 points and relegation, unless we muster a run together in the second half of the season...

And so what? I''m pretty sure you don''t get relegated at Christmas!

This season was always going to be one which we would go back down! But at least till the last three games we were giving it a good show.

If we go down so be it, three teams have to, if Neil gets sacked, that''s life of a manager and if you don''t like it tough, you support a lower end small club on a restricted budget and does not have the attraction of a big club.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="morty"][quote user="grefstad"]Relax everyone. Daydreamer Morty has said we are fine. He always does. His oneliner positivism is just what we need. Reality is such a pain, Morty, isn''t it?[/quote]You really are a bit of a cock, aren''t you?[/quote]

Nah...just making a point of the fact that 25000 of your 26000 posts in this forum have likely been useless oneliners. But then again, useless posts originates from useless posters. Reality bites.[/quote]Is this your thing now, just coming on here to have a wee whine at anything I post?Crack on fella.

[quote user="grefstad"]My guess is 6 points max between now and Jan 1st.

Oct 31 Manchester City A

Sat Nov 7 Swansea City H

Sat Nov 21 Chelsea A

Sun Nov 29 Arsenal (4.15pm) H

Sat Dec 5 Watford A

Sat Dec 12 Everton (12.45pm) H

Sat Dec 19 Manchester United A

Sat Dec 26 Tottenham Hotspur A

Mon Dec 28 Aston Villa H

Draws against Swansea, Everton and Watford, and a win against Villa.

The rest will be lost.

That leaves us at 15 points after 19 games (half way).

On course to 30 points and relegation, unless we muster a run together in the second half of the season...[/quote]
Well, that''s that then.
Might as well jack in now. Incidentally we''re still odds against (11/8 with Bet365) to go down. If we''re only going to get 30 points that would make us around the 1/40 mark I''d suggest so 11/8 represents huge value. 
Remortgage the house and £80,000 wagered sees a return (inclusive of stake) of £190,000. 
What are we all waiting for?

Genuinely interested in those who see themselves as in the ''middle ground'' feel about this. I''m generally pretty positive, but I''m very concerned about those next eight fixtures. Six of them are against ''big boys'', and while it''s not inconceivable that we could pick up a surprise result or two along the way, defeat against Swansea would leave us bang in trouble (assuming we lose at Citeh, which even for a ''happy clapper'' is surely a fair assumption). Three matches ago, we were pretty happy with a win over Bournemouth and creditable draws at West Ham and Liverpool. Now, after home defeats against ''smaller'' teams sandwiched by a spanking at Newcastle, we face the very real possibility of losing three of our next four. Me, I''d happily keep Neil even if we do go down, but who here is genuinely optimistic that we''ll get more than another six points before Christmas? Couple the lack of defensive sturdiness with the quality of opposition in the next few games, and we could find ourselves in a right pickle.Neil is a terrific young manager, but the quality of the players you''re up against isn''t the only thing that ratchets up steeply at this level – the quality of tactics employed by opposition managers is much more savvy, as has been amply displayed in the last three games. Neil is going to need an alternative to the overlapping full-backs and holding man dropping deep alongside the centre backs, or we''re going to keep getting found out. We''ve seen how big his balls are, but now we need to see how big his brain is...

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]I foresee a career in giving motivational speeches[/quote]You are an astute judge of character. I''m Brian Blessed.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]I foresee a career in giving motivational speeches[/quote]You are an astute judge of character. I''m Brian Blessed.[/quote]GORDONS ALIVE!