Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

Are we all to blame

Yesterday was a very strange day, I arrived as usual about 1 pm, went along to our usual watering hole (wethespoons on riverside ) Very quiet ! then a bite to eat before making our way to Carrow Rd, again the walk back was subdued.

Once inside total lack of excitement, The usual brief rendition of OTBC , then lack of cheering. I think this added to the lack of confidence by the team, Even was subdued

Hope yesterday was a one off as it was far from enjoyable.

We were all to blame, supporters, players and not forgetting the negative even effective approach by Pullis

I don''t know what it is.  I obviously haven''t been to CR this season yet, but have been plenty of times when I have thought the same, even under Lambert.   Are people depressed or something?  Are people still suffering a hangover from the Roeder days?  Can''t people get "up" for matches any more?  Where is people''s enthusiasm gone?  I would have thought that after last season, CR would be rocking this season. Maybe we just need a good result or two to get people up again. Could be a good time for a cup game away from home maybe, as long as we put in a good peformance.

Short answer, no.I thought the atmosphere was decent while we were on top of the game, its naturally going to tail off as the action on the pitch does.At about 65 minutes I came to the conclusion that we''d get nothing out of the game, I suspect a few others did too.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Are people still suffering a hangover from the Roeder days?[/quote]If you had said ''Hughton'', you would have been nearer the mark.......

Agree with that Morty-certainly first 20 minutes the atmosphere was good. I was the same after 65 minutes-said to my son we could play on for 3 more hours and not score.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Are people still suffering a hangover from the Roeder days?[/quote]If you had said ''Hughton'', you would have been nearer the mark.......[/quote]

I can''t mention Hughton without getting some kind of backlash.  It kind of proves that people haven''t got over him yet if it causes them so much anguish to see his name or haveing him discussed.  Anyway the reason I said Roeder, is because I went to games pre-Hugton at CR under Lambert where nerves and quiet were the order of the day - and that was with one of our most successful managers ever.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]L D C, lets hope Tuesday night is the start of a cup run that will kick start our season, have seen 7 games so far and yet to see a win, feeling a bit P...d off[/quote]

Yep, I''m hoping to go to this one after all, so it would be good to see a win at my first match of the season.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2015-10-25 2:54 PM:

I don''t know what it is. I obviously haven''t been to CR this season yet, but have been plenty of times when I have thought the same, even under Lambert. Are people depressed or something? Are people still suffering a hangover from the Roeder days? Can''t people get "up" for matches any more? Where is people''s enthusiasm gone?

I would have thought that after last season, CR would be rocking this season. Maybe we just need a good result or two to get people up again. Could be a good time for a cup game away from home maybe, as long as we put in a good peformance.

I think Lakey that us diehards who are there every week come rain or shine realise just how poor we are, yes we are fickle, but it doesn''t rant take much to realise that NCFC have a CEO that is being rewarded for his financial nous, and not that of anything to do with football. My point being that I, you and just about every one of those diehards knew, prior to a ball being kicked this season, that we needed quality on board, particularly in defence, to survive the rigours of the premier league. You cannot make a silk purse from a sows ear, and that''s where we are at! That realisation brings with it empathy, particularly when the last three results, and home results and performances in general, prove once again that at NCFC with those in charge, NOTHING has changed!

Yep 100% with Morty on this. Most home games the atmosphere is always good, but it tends to die off as most regulars have been going long enough to know when it''s just not going to happen, yesterday Pulis and WBA did a great job on us. We had no reaction to going a goal down and we sadly knew it in the stands.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Are people still suffering a hangover from the Roeder days?[/quote]If you had said ''Hughton'', you would have been nearer the mark.......[/quote]

I can''t mention Hughton without getting some kind of backlash. [/quote]
Oh FFS, will you f***ing stop f***ing mentioning Chris f***ing Houghton?

Although we like to think otherwise us fans are reactive and not proactive. that''s why it was a bit subdued yesterday. But believing that we were sat there thinking about the CE and his bonus is a bridge to far for me.

Not the fans'' job to inspire the team????

That''s about as stupid as it gets. What, you take your seat, give a dismissive wave like an uninterested Roman Emperor, and pronounce, "entertain me".

Atmosphere was fine early on, got a bit quiet as WBA played a high line and squeezed the life out of the game. Not sure what the whinging is about, the fans played their part yesterday but unfortunately the team didn''t.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Atmosphere was fine early on, got a bit quiet as WBA played a high line and squeezed the life out of the game. Not sure what the whinging is about, the fans played their part yesterday but unfortunately the team didn''t.[/quote]The atmosphere starts and ends with what happens on the pitch. Even if we go behind the crowd will always respond if they see the team making an effort and having a chance to get back in the game. At no stage after West Brom scored did that ever look remotely likely. I think the crowd tried to lift the team during that dire second half but you could have shouted yourself hoarse until midnight without changing a thing.I think people need to realise that you can''t shout and cheer a team to Premiership survival. That is determined by what happens on the pitch, not in the stands.

Ricardo wrote: I think people need to realise that you can''t shout and cheer a team to Premiership survival. That is determined by what happens on the pitch, not in the stands.

And may I add.......In the Boardroom.....

50-60%, at least, of the 20000 season ticket holders, are pensioneers. Carrow Road has been like a church for most of the time in the last 4-5 years.

The atmosphere was good in the League One season and very good in the promotion season to the Prem under Lambert.

Apart from that, pretty dire. Obviously got something to do with the team winning or not. Being in relegation scraps does not trigger the 50-60 year olds..

A rather quiet stadium is what you get with 80% of capacity being season ticket holders, and most of them well into "mature age".

grefstad wrote the following post at 2015-10-25 6:31 PM:

50-60%, at least, of the 20000 season ticket holders, are pensioneers. Carrow Road has been like a church for most of the time in the last 4-5 years.

The atmosphere was good in the League One season and very good in the promotion season to the Prem under Lambert.

Apart from that, pretty dire. Obviously got something to do with the team winning or not. Being in relegation scraps does not trigger the 50-60 year olds..

A rather quiet stadium is what you get with 80% of capacity being season ticket holders, and most of them well into "mature age".

What a ridiculous statement, and age discriminatory, there is NO place for ANY kind of discrimination on this board.

[quote user="grefstad"]50-60%, at least, of the 20000 season ticket holders, are pensioneers. Carrow Road has been like a church for most of the time in the last 4-5 years.

A rather quiet stadium is what you get with 80% of capacity being season ticket holders, and most of them well into "mature age".[/quote]Rubbish.As someone who also follows Norwich City away, I can tell you that most grounds'' home fans are A LOT quieter than ours.You are talking out of your ar$e mate.

[quote user="grefstad"]50-60%, at least, of the 20000 season ticket holders, are pensioneers. Carrow Road has been like a church for most of the time in the last 4-5 years.

A rather quiet stadium is what you get with 80% of capacity being season ticket holders, and most of them well into "mature age".[/quote]What a stupid statement.

So bring me the numbers, smarta**es.

I claim at least 50% of the season ticket holders are well into their 50s. You think I''m far off, by the sound of things.

Prove I''m wrong, or shut up.

In the recent years I have seen so much stupidity and ignorance in this forum, so I am pretty sure it is the case here as well.

[quote user="grefstad"]So bring me the numbers, smarta**es.

I claim at least 50% of the season ticket holders are well into their 50s. You think I''m far off, by the sound of things.

Prove I''m wrong, or shut up.

In the recent years I have seen so much stupidity and ignorance in this forum, so I am pretty sure it is the case here as well.[/quote]Seeing as you''re the one making the claim, you prove it right.But a quick straw poll of opinion in this thread points to you talking rubbish.

"How To Win Friends And Influence People" By T Grefstad. Available at all good bookshops now*.

*(Actually only available at rubbish bookshops).

Carrow Road is no quieter than many other grounds in the Premier League. There are few grounds with really noisy, partisan fans: Palace, West Ham and Liverpool spring to mind but even in the latter case Anfield was quiet this season. If the team entertains the crowd will follow.