Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Everton match thread

bassong redmond hoolahan olsson

can pretty much rule them out of playing 90 minutes on saturday

bad bad call from the manager again

[quote user="iron_stan"]bassong redmond hoolahan olsson

can pretty much rule them out of playing 90 minutes on saturday

bad bad call from the manager again[/quote]It''ll get them fit.

lol

might help olssons bellythe rest will be knackered. given redmonds our best prospect tiring him out in the mickey mouse cup is about as idiotic as it gets

[quote user="iron_stan"]lol

might help olssons bellythe rest will be knackered. given redmonds our best prospect tiring him out in the mickey mouse cup is about as idiotic as it gets[/quote]Well according to the majority view we''re gonna get hammered on Saturday any way so it makes little difference

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="iron_stan"]lol

might help olssons bellythe rest will be knackered. given redmonds our best prospect tiring him out in the mickey mouse cup is about as idiotic as it gets[/quote]Well according to the majority view we''re gonna get hammered on Saturday any way so it makes little difference[/quote]it will impact more than one game

Yeah but we got two strikers on the bench and Grabban''s not gonna score if they play all night

[quote user="Al Harrington"]Just ignore him hes a scummer.[/quote]aww bless ya sweetheartshouldnt you be watching baseball or something?jog on x

Wccanary... We do have a decent squad, just had a few poor results and people start to panic expecting Alex to get sacked, and wanting the board to resign...

[quote user="Ginja"]Please god no penalties...[/quote]Declan is a bit of a penalty-saving master by all accounts. I remember him frequently doing it in the academy sides, and also when he came on in a Premier League game a few years ago (against West Brom, was it?)I''d fancy us in a shootout with him in goal.Looking at the team we have out there now, who should be our five takers?Wes, obviouslyWhittaker (scored pens at Rangers)Grabban (your striker has to step up and take one)O''Neil (I''d back him)Jarvis

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Al Harrington"]Just ignore him hes a scummer.[/quote]aww bless ya sweetheartshouldnt you be watching baseball or something?jog on x[/quote]

We got him lads!

So then just before the penalty shoot out, well done to the lads.

2hrs vs Everton, and gave a good account if themselves. Bring on the pens.....

Penalties = misery. Always. Still, a very encouraging performance against a really strong Everton team, and some fringe players given valuable match time. Unless Wisdom was injured, it seemed strange to leave Grabban on his own up top for two hours with two strikers on the bench - he ran his socks off but was clearly blowing out his @rse in extra time.

He did run his socks off, but we never got the ball away early enough for him. Thus he was constantly offside, or up against three players. I still don''t think he''s as intelligent with the ball as Mbo, as he just decides to wallop it against the defenders rather than try and find a man. We didn''t play to his strengths tonight, I''m surprised Wes didn''t come off for Jerome as the centre of the park was looking ok, but we could have done with more of an outlet at times...

Decent game that, liked the look of mulumbu and vadis.

Should have won it though.

Now, that trip home...

[quote user="morty"]Decent game that, liked the look of mulumbu and vadis.

Should have won it though.

Now, that trip home...[/quote]You''ll have Lakey''s match report to read soon. [:D]

[quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="morty"]The away trip has already been made special for me, pinkun legend Waveney Canary just came over and introduced himself.

😃[/quote]

I am assuming meeting me will feature in your autobiography[/quote]Yes, yes it will.Was nice to meet you on your own, without an alter ego in sight.[;)]

"You''ll have Lakey''s match report to read soon."

No. Didn''t go in the end (cue for cries of derision). Saw it on a stream and thought we were superb and gave Everton a great match. They couldn''t handle us for most of the game.