Sign in to follow this  
nolegs

Wheres the Gary Hooper thread?

For a player who still is allowed and wants to to live in the London area after all this time at NCFC

NO

Sorry to say he has been another overrated disappointing signing .to be fair he has not had much chance to prove himself but not been impressed when he has played.maybe he will do well for them.

I think he has proved himself, scoring some important and impressive goals last season, he has never been given a run in the first team, I believe he should. Sadly, like Lafferty, again never been given a shot, they will leave.

Good. Unfortunately he''s been stalled at Carrow Road for a while now.

With injuries past he might get a good run of games for the Owls, score goals and come back to help us in the second half of the season.

There were also reports in the Summer that they were prepared to pay the £5m he cost us.

More of a win-win situation than loaning out RVW will ever be.

Can''t say I''m surprised, given his non playing time but wtf! Would feel much more comfortable with hoops on bench over Grabban.

daly wrote the following post at 27/10/2015 4:47 PM:

For a player who still is allowed and wants to to live in the London area after all this time at NCFC

NO

Isn''t the only player on our books that lives in that area and also did live in Norfolk but his partner wasn''t happy here.

Good little player, just doesnt fit in with the way we''ve played over the last few years. He doesnt fit easily into playing uptop on his own so needs 4.4.2 to see the best of him imo, he looks the sort that needs a run of games (something he''s not going to get here as we wont play 4.4.2 for any significant run of games). I just dont see him and Hoolahan in the same team.

[quote user="ec-p"]I think he has proved himself, scoring some important and impressive goals last season, he has never been given a run in the first team, I believe he should. Sadly, like Lafferty, again never been given a shot, they will leave.[/quote]

[Y]

With City struggling to score goals i think it''s a mistake and better than Grabban. It seems AN needs to be more open minded about trying new things and new ways of playing rather than being predictable. Teams and managers are working out Norwich can only play one way and struggle to score goals and keep from conceding. There is more than one way to play football.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Good little player, just doesnt fit in with the way we''ve played over the last few years. He doesnt fit easily into playing uptop on his own so needs 4.4.2 to see the best of him imo, he looks the sort that needs a run of games (something he''s not going to get here as we wont play 4.4.2 for any significant run of games). I just dont see him and Hoolahan in the same team.[/quote]Agree with all of this. Big fan of Hooper, but I can''t argue with the decision to let him out on loan for the reasons you mention. He needs a run of starts to get his match sharpness up to scratch, and he''ll never get that here. It''s possible that Lafferty and Grabban could be on their way in January, so maybe he''ll have a part to play upon his return.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Good little player, just doesnt fit in with the way we''ve played over the last few years. He doesnt fit easily into playing uptop on his own so needs 4.4.2 to see the best of him imo, he looks the sort that needs a run of games (something he''s not going to get here as we wont play 4.4.2 for any significant run of games). I just dont see him and Hoolahan in the same team.[/quote]Agree with all of this. Big fan of Hooper, but I can''t argue with the decision to let him out on loan for the reasons you mention. He needs a run of starts to get his match sharpness up to scratch, and he''ll never get that here. It''s possible that Lafferty and Grabban could be on their way in January, so maybe he''ll have a part to play upon his return.

I do wonder if Hooper and Lafferty together in a 442 would have been a success maybe we have been playing the wrong way ?

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Good little player, just doesnt fit in with the way we''ve played over the last few years. He doesnt fit easily into playing uptop on his own so needs 4.4.2 to see the best of him imo, he looks the sort that needs a run of games (something he''s not going to get here as we wont play 4.4.2 for any significant run of games). I just dont see him and Hoolahan in the same team.[/quote]Agree with all of this. Big fan of Hooper, but I can''t argue with the decision to let him out on loan for the reasons you mention. He needs a run of starts to get his match sharpness up to scratch, and he''ll never get that here. It''s possible that Lafferty and Grabban could be on their way in January, so maybe he''ll have a part to play upon his return.[/quote]

Unless there''s a major injury crisis to all of our strikers and we don''t sign any in January, there is no way Hooper will "have a part to play upon his return"!

I have sympathy for Gary Hooper. He was courted for a considerable time before being transferred here for a significant fee. He happened to come here at a time when his skill set just didn''t fit in with the manager''s philosophy. If I''m not mistaken, did he still manage to score 8 goals that season?

He''s been unlucky with injuries during his time here too, he''s never really had a good clean run of fitness. Not sure if he can be effective up top on his own at Premiership level but I believe he has enough to play some part at this level, maybe alongside a targetman or some sort of a no. 10 role. I wonder does he regret signing for Norwich because he was having a good solid goalscoring career up to that point. Hopefully he gets a good run of fitness, a good run of games and starts banging them in again

He''s not match fit due to injury. He''s sent out on loan to get match fit. Cant see much wrong with this

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Good little player, just doesnt fit in with the way we''ve played over the last few years. He doesnt fit easily into playing uptop on his own so needs 4.4.2 to see the best of him imo, he looks the sort that needs a run of games (something he''s not going to get here as we wont play 4.4.2 for any significant run of games). I just dont see him and Hoolahan in the same team.[/quote]Agree with all of this. Big fan of Hooper, but I can''t argue with the decision to let him out on loan for the reasons you mention. He needs a run of starts to get his match sharpness up to scratch, and he''ll never get that here. It''s possible that Lafferty and Grabban could be on their way in January, so maybe he''ll have a part to play upon his return.[/quote]

Unless there''s a major injury crisis to all of our strikers and we don''t sign any in January, there is no way Hooper will "have a part to play upon his return"![/quote]So basically you''re saying that unless he is the only striker on our books, he will play no part whatsoever in the first team? Hmm, okay. We''ll see.

[quote user="paddycanary"]I have sympathy for Gary Hooper. He was courted for a considerable time before being transferred here for a significant fee. He happened to come here at a time when his skill set just didn''t fit in with the manager''s philosophy. If I''m not mistaken, did he still manage to score 8 goals that season?

He''s been unlucky with injuries during his time here too, he''s never really had a good clean run of fitness. Not sure if he can be effective up top on his own at Premiership level but I believe he has enough to play some part at this level, maybe alongside a targetman or some sort of a no. 10 role. I wonder does he regret signing for Norwich because he was having a good solid goalscoring career up to that point. Hopefully he gets a good run of fitness, a good run of games and starts banging them in again[/quote]

But Paddy, as I''m sure Jamae would tell you, he only actually scored one that counts, the others were all either penalties or accidental ;)

Well he is only on loan until January. If results go badly between now and the end of the year there may be a new face at the helm and he may get a second chance. If we get unexpected points between now and the new year then it will have shown that we don''t need him. Things can change very quickly for good and bad

When we play 2 up front I think it makes sense to have someone like Hooper with one of the big guys. We don''t often but when we do, we normally do it because we need a goal. I think it makes sense to get him back to fitness. I can see him contributing as a 2nd striker on occasion.