Sign in to follow this  
Potts

LOAN PLAYER

I''ve been reading what people have posted about Carl Cort. Maybe we shouldn''t be greedy as we may not have anymore funds to sign players but in football its always the same people always want that little bit more. If there is a little money left I believe that next week will be the time to sign a top player on loan as the most important month of the season is coming up. I think Worthington is gonna sign someone and Carl Cort providing he''s fit would be a superb acquisition. We know Worthy likes him as he tried to sign him on deadline day last year but many different clubs have had loan offers for him turned down. Does anyone know who the scummers are getting??

According to todays papers, the scummers want Shaun Goater on loan. Because he''s doing so well at Reading isn''t he....! Glad we never signed him.

I was quite hopeful over Carl Cort but I think he''s a bit of a non starter. I''m at uni in Portsmouth at the mo and they have ONE fit striker and are looking for loan deals. They inquired about Cort but his agent said that a loan deal wasn''t right for the player or Newcastle, but if the price was right they would sell him. Don''t worry I''m not suggesting we buy him cos we couldn''t afford him but I think a loan deal won''t happen. Course us city fans know only to well that agents can stir things up a bit (Hucks saga) so I don''t know how much we can read into these comments.

I too am curious about who the bin men are after. It''ll hafta be someone who isn''t on too much wages cos they haven''t got two pennies to rub together. I don''t think they really need a striker cos they have them in abundence (ok they are all rubbish but never mind!). Pos a creative midfielder, they are prob a bit short after Mahon going back to Blackburn?

Interesting to see that after making £1.3 million on a share scheme, Mr potato head isn''t going to have a penny to spend on transfers! Ahh how the other half live!!