Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

So how do we think Mbokani will do?

This hasn''t really been discussed, probably due to the disappointment in the window, but we needed a striker who can play up top on his own (like CamJam) but can also score the goals. Is he the man to it?

Personally I really like the look of him. Bit of a beast so looks like he has the presence to be a good striker physically in this league, but also has a pretty good goal scoring record with 34 goals in 53 games for Anderlecht and 16 goals in 33 games for Kiev (according to wiki) which is impressive.

I think that his experience is key to his and the squad''s success. While City didn''t get some up and comers like Afobe, they brought in experience to hopefully steady the ship. Mulumbu and Tettey have the experience to steady the back line and I think that our AM/CF have the experience to score some goals. We somewhat lack some depth on the bench but I see the squad''s experience as being the key to staying up. Yes, I''m a little nervous, but I think they''ll be just fine.

Having never seen him play it''s hard to judge. Based solely on his playing experience across Europe and his goal scoring record he looks a good acquisition.

How well he copes in the Premier League and how quickly he settles into this Norwich side is another question. Hopefully having a few french speakers at the club will help him find his feet.

I recon he''ll be a similar player to adebayor (had a look on fm for stats). Hopefully that''s the world beater ade and not the fill my wallet ade. But I''m hopefull that it will work out and if we keep playing like the first 3 games he could get 15 goals +

He did his first interview in French (I think). He said he could speak a few words of English. He wasn''t called up to the DR Congo squad for the international break, so hopefully he will use this time to settle in and learn some English

He has the pace and strength of Jerome and Grabban, but he seems to be better at heading (- not difficult!), and from the video the goals he scored were often deft and with good touch.

How much of an improvement he will be on the other two, time will tell, but as the only goal scored by a striker so far was one by RvW, perhaps it will not be difficult to be better.

He was clearly one of our main targets, so we have to hope he will be a success; our record on ''big'' signings isn''t brilliant and it would be nice to have found a gem. We just have to wait and see. It was sensible to do as a loan-to-buy arrangement, though of course it opened the gates for people to moan about us ''not buying'' players.

The presence of Mulumbu, and Bassong could be a major factor in helping him settle in, but like any unknown quantity in the Pl it''s a gamble look at the varying fortunes of Van Wolfswinkel, Ideye, Drogba, Adebayour, Kezman, Benteke, Dzeko, Cisse et al. Only time will tell.

Looks a similar player to Gomis and Bony; big, strong and direct! His goal compilation was also a real mix, not just tap ins, but a nice blend of powerful headers, shots after driving runs and a couple of mazy runs through the box.

Personally I think if he settles and we get Brady, Redmond and Jarvis giving him the service he''s going to bag a hat full.... Certainlt some serious completion for Jerome who is going to have to start putting away the guilt edge chances he''s let go in recent games!