Sign in to follow this  
Greenie78

Hooper demanded a VIP box!

Sheffield Wednesday’s loan move for Gary Hooper fell through after the Owls turned down the striker’s request for a VIP box at Hillsborough!

LOL!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/sheff-weds-news/vip-box-row-scupper-owls-hooper-move-1-7438919

[quote user="Ginja"]Because Hooper can''t possibly be lying, of course Hooper will deny it, I would.[/quote]Yeah, lets just assume he is a complete liar[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ginja"]Because Hooper can''t possibly be lying, of course Hooper will deny it, I would.[/quote]Yeah, lets just assume he is a complete liar[Y][/quote]
*shrugs* No smoke without fire and no I don''t trust him.
That two clubs unable to agree terms with him, he knows he''s not wanted by AN, clearly values his PL salary above actually playing football, it''s fair enough but to me it says something about his character. There something to this and though I take the news with a pinch of salt, I don''t fully believe Hooper either.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Ginja"]Because Hooper can''t possibly be lying, of course Hooper will deny it, I would.[/quote]Yeah, lets just assume he is a complete liar[Y][/quote]
That two clubs unable to agree terms with him, he knows he''s not wanted by AN, clearly values his PL salary above actually playing football, it''s fair enough but to me it says something about his character. There something to this and though I take the news with a pinch of salt, I don''t fully believe Hooper either.
[/quote]Do you honestly, honestly believe that if he wanted a move away, that a minor issue over a VIP box would make him pull the plug on the deal?Really?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Ginja"]Because Hooper can''t possibly be lying, of course Hooper will deny it, I would.[/quote]Yeah, lets just assume he is a complete liar[Y][/quote]
[/quote]Do you honestly, honestly believe that if he wanted a move away, that a minor issue over a VIP box would make him pull the plug on the deal?Really?[/quote]
Just the VIP Box? No. Like I said though, a pinch of salt, it''s a part of the truth I imagine.
The real issue here is yet another bad apple in the team.

What a pile of garbage - but just so obvious that there will be a load of our ''supporters'' who a) believe it and/or won''t be able to help but use it against the player/club whenever possible...

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Ginja"]Because Hooper can''t possibly be lying, of course Hooper will deny it, I would.[/quote]Yeah, lets just assume he is a complete liar[Y][/quote]
[/quote]Do you honestly, honestly believe that if he wanted a move away, that a minor issue over a VIP box would make him pull the plug on the deal?Really?[/quote]
Just the VIP Box? No. Like I said though, a pinch of salt, it''s a part of the truth I imagine.
The real issue here is yet another bad apple in the team.
[/quote]Bad apple?So Bradley wants to get away for regular football and we wish him well.Hooper probably wants to do the same, and he''s a bad apple?

[quote user="morty"]Bad apple?So Bradley wants to get away for regular football and we wish him well.Hooper probably wants to do the same, and he''s a bad apple?[/quote]
The key difference being BJ saw he wasn''t wanted took the deal and a significant wage cut. Hooper didn''t.
Says it all really, I know who I''d rather have stayed.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="morty"]Bad apple?So Bradley wants to get away for regular football and we wish him well.Hooper probably wants to do the same, and he''s a bad apple?[/quote]
The key difference being BJ saw he wasn''t wanted took the deal and a significant wage cut. Hooper didn''t.
Says it all really, I know who I''d rather have stayed.
[/quote]So you know for sure Hooper pulled the plug on the deal?It couldn''t be the case that we did, because we plan on letting pouty Grabban rot in the reserves, and we actually still need Hooper?Is that just as likely as your scenario?

[quote user="morty"]So you know for sure Hooper pulled the plug on the deal?It couldn''t be the case that we did, because we plan on letting pouty Grabban rot in the reserves, and we actually still need Hooper?Is that just as likely as your scenario?[/quote]
Oh I think there''s some merit to that theory, but yes I think it is Hooper''s personal terms currently blocking these moves.  I am certainly very interested to see our 25-man squad some truth may surface with it. I think Grabban is more likely to be a part of it than Hooper, but maybe our failure with Gayle means they will both stay. Personally I think Grabban will stay and Hooper will go when the loan window opens again.

I hope there is a little bit of truth in it. Stand your ground, son, you hold out for a vip box.  It is the least you deserve.  You can watch the matches from it while you wonder why your new team don''t play you and why you don''t get more game time at Norwich.

I could understand the controversy if he''d demanded a VIP box at Sheffield Utd.

A story which has already proved to be rubbish, why do people make them up ughhhhhhhh

Some of you lot are embarrassing. You are sharing a report from ''The Star'' and some of you are actually calling Hooper a LIAR?! Fucking hell I hate this messageboard

The most likely scenario is that Norwich pulled the deal.

When it was clear that another striker other than Mbokani wouldn''t be coming through the door, they were hardly likely to allow Hooper out on loan with the Grabban situation remaining uncertain.

CityAngel, could you point me in the direction of where the report''s been shown to be rubbish please?

Also, for those arguing about trusting the paper, it was the local Sheffield ''Star'' that contained this morning''s VIP box report, not the national ''Daily'', in case that makes a difference.