Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Alex Neil Managerial Skills

There can be no question that this young man has a great deal of potential BUT he is still only 34 and has a lot to learn about management. I have never seen any manager in any occupation being the finished article at 34. People learn from their good and bad experiences and good and bad decisions, a great deal of reflect often comes into play. On this last theme one very useful tip is to run matters past older more experienced people. this does not mean not being your own person rather making you better equipped to make your own decisions. Alex has by all accounts many attributes and has seen significant success in a very short period of time. My only concerns are does he have any credible reliable mentors to run things past and indeed even if he has does he want to use them. He is the best person we have had at the club since Lambert but i have been concerned by a couple of his interviews in which he almost laughs off running matters past other people saying it would undermine his own decision making. This may be bravado but if it is for real then he has a problem and if he has one then we all do

His results speak from themselves. If we go down I won''t be blaming him.

I have a feeling Alex is happier with a smaller squad where players have a genuine chance of getting a game.